Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Podcastees and Video takers, advice needed

Posted by rococogurl (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 10, 06 at 10:16

I'm looking at shooting some short videos with my new camera. The CD that comes with it has downloadable MS software but it cannot be uninstalled.

Does anyone use independent software for uploading videos from a camera? Mine is a Casio Exilim 6 mg

Also, what's reliable for podcasts and is there a reliable mirror you recommend here in the US?

TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Podcastees and Video takers, advice needed

Sony's computers have what's called the "vaio system, which can upload any kind of image or video from almost any digital appliance. That's all I've ever needed. Both my laptop and my wife's desktop are vaios.

o

Thanks Bill. I have a Dell so no go on the Vaio system. Guess I'll just have to muddle through on my own.

o

Get a multi-card reader that fits into your computer's USB port. Your PC should recognize it as another drive.
Move the SD card from your camera into the card reader and copy the file(s) from the card to your harddrive.

I use this for transferring mini-ideos from my Canon to my PC.

o

Thanks Starpooh. I have a card reader in my printer that I use for photo transfer but this looks quite handy for the vids.

Any advantage of the multi-card reader over the regular USB cable that comes with the camera?

Are you set up for podcasts?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here