Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lowspark1

Houston Get Together!!

lowspark
17 years ago

It's been a long time since we've had one, but they were sure fun so we're going to do one again. Denise (dktrahan) has graciously volunteered her home. Although she hangs out more in Home Decor nowadays than Kitchens, she attended both of our previous get togethers and welcomes KFers, and CFers!

We're talking Aug 19 or Aug 26 for lunch. If those dates don't work, we'll look at September. For more details, please see the thread linked below.

Hope to see lots of familiar AND new faces!

Here is a link that might be useful: thread over on Home Decor

Comments (5)

• lowspark
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The date is Aug 19, time 11:30. All who are interested please email dktrahan so she can email details to you.

• lowspark
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Houston Get Together is this Saturday. Looking forward!

• lowspark
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I've posted a few pictures of our very successful and FUN gathering yesterday.

Here is a link that might be useful: Houston Gathering - Pictures

• sweeby
    17 years ago

The most recent Houston get-together was completely Fabulous! I honestly can't remember when I last had so much fun. We laughed and talked and all had a really great time, and the hours just flew. It really is just like visiting with old friends since we all have so much in common and have conversed on-line for so long.

Denise's home is totally charming! Cozy and personalized and comfortable, not to mention, 'Yard of the Month'. It's so inspiring to see what other GW'ers are doing in their renovations.

As May and Denise mentioned, the next Houston gathering will be at my house, in whatever mid-renovation state it happens to be in at the time. We have a kitchen, a roof, and downstairs A/C, so that's good enough, right? And since we all had so much fun this time, we thought we'd make it sooner, rather than later.

We're shooting for October -- I'll suggest Saturday, October 21st, but can easily switch to the weekend before or after to accommodate other folk's schedules. If you're anywhere in Texas or Louisiana, I can promise you a fun-filled day that's well worth the trip. New faces welcome!

• lowspark
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oct 21 works for me and is in my calendar. Oct 14 & 28 are also doable if one of those works out better for everyone. Looking forward!!