Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenswrens

WayBackMachine?

jenswrens
17 years ago

Does anyone know if this site is still being crawled by the WayBackMachine? I know there's a lag in it, but I can't seem to find anything from GW after Feb 2005. I didn't think the lag was that long - a year and a half? I'm just wondering if iVillage changed the site somehow to block it from being archived. ?? Anyone in the know?

Comments (10)

• jenswrens
    Original Author
    17 years ago

bumping so this will go away. no one ever answers me over here anyway...

• mtnester
    17 years ago

Jenswrens, no need to feel bad. Probably nobody knew the answer (I sure don't). But you're not being intentionally ignored.

Sue

• Bizzo
    17 years ago

what is waybackmachine?

• mjsee
    17 years ago

The only Wayback machine I know of belonged to a dog named "Mr. Peabody."

OTOH--I googled wayback machine and came up with the site linked below.

melanie/back from the beach-hello everyone!

Here is a link that might be useful: Is this what you were looking for?

• momto4kids
    17 years ago

I linked this a few days ago for handust. I did notice at the time that it doesn't have posts beyond Feb 2005. I don't know why that is. I had been looking for some posts I had started back a couple of years ago when I joined. I found them. Perhaps they don't go beyond Feb 2005 yet because maybe those posts can still somehow be found through google or something? I don't know.

Did you have something in particular you were looking for? There might be some oldtimers who remember!

Here is a link that might be useful: WayBack - Kitchen Forum

• momto4kids
    17 years ago

I just tried to get something I know was posted after Feb '05, but not still hanging on the Forum pages. This is the message I got:

"The page you requested has not been archived. If the page is still available on the Internet, we will begin archiving it during our next crawl. Try another request or click here to search for all pages on ths.gardenweb.com/forums/kitchbath/";

• jenswrens
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone. And thanks Sue! For some reason, I always feel neglected over here. Hard to tell sometimes on an internet forum what other people think of you. I often feel unliked. Seems like I've gotten a lot of negativity from THS this summer as compared to last year when I was doing my kitchen.

Anyway, momto4, what I'm looking for is my thread last August/September on "Cabinetry Direct - I'm in tears..." I stupidly didn't save it and then got all caught up in the install and never got back to it or anyone who responded, and then it rolled off. I have some of the email replies, but I don't have my original post. So, if anyone sees this and happened to have saved that, I'd be grateful if you could pass it on. Thanks!

• starpooh
    17 years ago

Hi jen - just saw your thread today.
    I had looked into the Wayback machine awhile back because I was hoping that all the finished kitchens would be archived there; no such luck. It does seem to have stopped archiving the kitchen forum in Feb 2005. But even so many of the threads before Feb'05 are missing (and most of the links inside the threads are non-functional. I have a long list of unusable finished kitchens without links).
    The best way to find an old thread is to search google's cache. I searched google for "Cabinetry Direct jenswrens" and came up with a few hits, but not the thread you're looking for. Sorry :-( (you may need to click on the link "Cached" if a thread no longer exists but is in google's cache.)
    You might also want to try posting a request in the discussions area (maybe somebody saved it).
    Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: google search

• lowspark
    17 years ago

The conversations side of KF is nowhere near as busy as the conversations on some of the other forums (Home Decor & cooking for example). I think a lot of people don't know it exists.

• jenswrens
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks starpooh and lowspark! I'll try posting a request over on Discussions. Although it seems that most people that were around last summer aren't here so much anymore. Mostly new people. But it can't hurt to try, right? :-)

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling