Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Cabinets - Cliq Studios vs. Medallion

Posted by Taiyo_1124 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 4, 12 at 1:09

Hi!

I am planning and budgeting for kitchen remodeling and after doing some research online and getting some quotes from local cabinet stores, I narrowed my options down to either Cliq Studios cabinets or Medallion Silverline cabinets.

I summarized the specs of these cabinets and here they are.

Cliq Studios Cabinetry
Back Panel: 3/8″ plywood full cabinet height
Base Cabinet Braces: 1/2" plywood captured i-beams
Cabinet Sides: 1/2" plywood
Drawer Box: Hardwood 5/8" dovetail sides & 1/4" captured plywood bottom
Drawer Runner: Full-extension, steel w/buffer close system
Hinges: Standard - Steel, 6-way adjustable concealed hinges 107 degree opening inset
Shelves: 3/4″ thick full-depth plywood standard
Door Styles: All styles full-overlay or inset
Cabinet Tops/Bottoms: 1/2" Plywood bottom (& top for wall cabinets)
Door Bumpers: Quietex soft urethane drawer & door
Integral Toekick: 1/2" Plywood captured between cabinet sides
Face Frame: 3/4" Solid hardwood glue & double-doweled

Medallion Siverline
Back Panel: Furniture board
Base Cabinet Braces: Furniture board
Cabinet Sides: Laminated furniture board
Drawer Box: 3/4" dovetail hardwood sides with 1/4" plywood caputured bottom
Drawer Runner: Fully concealed, undermount guides
Hinges: 2-way adjustable on half overlay doors
Shelves: 3/4" Laminated furniture board
Door Styles: N/A
Cabinet Tops/Bottoms: 1/2" Laminated furniture board
Door Bumpers: SmartClose only standard on Platinum
Integral Toekick: 1/2" furniture board
Face Frame: 3/4" thick solid wood

Based on what I read on this forum and other reviews, Medallion silverline offers decent quality cabinets but looking at the specs, Cliq Studios cabinets offers much more for smaller amount of money.

Can anyone who have Cliq Studios or Medallion Silverline cabinets share the experiences and thoughts?

I think I am going with Cliq Studios cabinets but would like to hear real voice of owners who have them.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Cabinets - Cliq Studios vs. Medallion

I do not have either Medallion Silverline or Cliq Studios, I say that as a caveat.
I recently went through a similar exercise for my cabinet selection process, my goal was frameless full overlay or frameless with slab doors and drawer fronts- I have a slightly modern aesthetic. I evaluated 5 companies; Medallion(can't recall which line), DesignCraft(frameless made by Medallion's parent company Elkay AKA Innermost, Dynasty, Brookhaven, and custom.
If I evaluated only the spec sheets, I would have gone with Dynasty and been unhappy. I learned that in addition to evaluating the specs, you need to evaluate the offerings. Dynasty could only offer my a top drawer with a 3.5 inch depth, this is the depth of the bottom of the drawer box to the bottom of the frame rail. This is different from the depth of the drawer box itself. If I put a tiered spice rack in that drawer my favorite brand of spices(Simply Organic) would not fit. The depth of all their drawers became a non-starter for me. They wasted alot of space that I couldn't afford to waste. I urge you to go further into the details before you make a choice.

o
RE: Kitchen Cabinets - Cliq Studios vs. Medallion

I am also leaning toward Cliq Studios, everything I have read seems favorable....one post on here does not give good ratings but not sure it is a real posting. I am hoping that someone give some info on Cliq!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here