Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rgillman

NY GW get-together - pix, please!

rgillman
15 years ago

For those of us who couldn't make it today, I hope some of you (ahem - Marthavila, Cat_Mom, Trailrunner, et al) will let us know how it was (besides HOT) and post some pix. I love Blue Water Grill and was sorry to miss you all.

Rayna

Comments (12)

• marthavila
    15 years ago

Aw shucks, Raynag. I have to ditto your request since I wasn't able to make it today. I bet they had a great time. . . without us! :) :(

• thankurnmo
    15 years ago

Yes, we did have a great time- absolutely. It goes without saying what a great bunch of people are on this forum, but I will repeat that- a great bunch.
    It would have been better with you guys though no doubt. I know I missed the first one, so maybe next time we can all make an "apperance" so to speak. Sorry to have missed you!
    And yes, pix were taken (but not by me) so I am sure they will be posted soon.

• charlikin
    15 years ago

Greets, gang! Hey, we had a fantastic time yesterday - I loved seeing everyone again that I saw last time, *and* meeting the "new" people! I agree with you Sheila - we're a nice bunch of people. :-)

It was funny when we all started gabbing in the ladies room (about what? granite?) and other women coming in thought there was a long line...

Raynag & marthavila - the two of you are *so* not off the hook for next time. :-)

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

Okay, okay! Take pity on me--we didn't get home 'til 1:30 this morning (after a long day of eating, chatting, walking, more eating, more walking, and then a long drive home!).

We had an absolutely wonderful time! Seeing a few now-familiar faces as well as some new ones made for a lively and fun gathering. Of course, we missed you Rayna (and Marty!), Celeste, and Jane (it was tough without your planning help my friend!).

We so enjoyed chatting and visiting, and yes, all were loathe to end the fun! Tableside, bathroom, staircase, outdoors--nobody wanted to break away from the group!

The restaurant (Blue Water Grill in Union Square) could not have been more accomodating. There was no rush as we waited for Cathy to arrive--we sat at the table and got acquainted (or re-acquainted for some!). The food was lovely; light and fresh on a mid-summer afternoon, and we leisurely dined and talked kitchens and more.

Once we finally made our way outside (!), there was more chatting and finally Debbie and Al, and then Tracey said their good-byes. Sheila, Cathy, Caroline, John, and I made our way across the street to the Greenmarket, a terrific farmer's market. Sheila soon said her good-byes as well, leaving the quartet to walk the market, and then meander down to SoHo. We left Cathy at 6:45 and hopped on the subway to make a 7:30 dinner reservation at Becco. Caroline and I ogled the bartenders and wait staff, while John patiently indulged our ogling! Food and drinks were sublime (that Lydia Bastianich sure does good food and then some!).

All in all, it was a perfect day, one John and I will treasure always--a beautiful summer day spent with some very special new friends!

As promised here are some pics (a few more are in my photobucket album linked below):

L-R Robin (cat_mom), Caroline (trailrunner), John (c_m's DH), Sheila (sheilaaus122), Tracey (charlikin), Debbie (eggandart49), and (her DH) Al

L-R Tracey, Debbie, Cathy (cathyck1), and Al

L-R Cathy, Debbie, Robin, and Sheila

L-R Sheila, Cathy, Caroline, and Robin

Here is a link that might be useful: NYC July '08 get-together

• trailrunner
    15 years ago

It could only have been better if we could have had everyone there. You were all there in our hearts though ! We had an absolutely perfect day and Robin our CD is now 2 for 2 perfect score.

I will be back I hope Aug 5-10 so maybe August 9 we can get together. Such a special group of friends....c

• rococogurl
    15 years ago

Awwww. I'm so glad to know I'm missed! Another one of my favorite restaurants and another great group plus the Union Square Green Market. Woo hoo.

Trailrunner is hitting all the hotspots (Catmom is a great producer). Big hugs to all! You may see me in Aug.

While you've been eating, I've been working "out" side indoors on Kitchens We Love. LOL

{{gwi:292202}}

• rgillman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

What a smashing looking group!! Will pencil Aug 9 in on our calendar, just in case. Sorry to miss you all - and look forward next time to meeting those of you we didn't meet last time.

Thanks for the pictures - they made me smile.
    hugs to all,
    Rayna (and Marty, whose eye is finally getting better)

• mhillgal
    15 years ago

So sorry that I missed this. It looks like you had a great time. Plus you were in my neighborhood. I must check this forum more often.

• acountryfarm
    15 years ago

You all looked so happy, I am sure you were having a great time. Makes me very excited for our PNW get together in August. Hope we will get good pics as well.
    I am a sap and find this so touching. People forms bonds over the internet and meet and really impact each other in such a positive way. Very neat.

• trailrunner
    15 years ago

What a sweet note country farm. I too hope ya'll have a great time. We have enjoyed our outings and they just keep getting better and better. Please do post pics we LOVE pics. Caroline

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

Ditto what Caroline said--have a great time and post pics!!!!

• marthavila
    15 years ago

Hi all,

I apologize for taking so long to tell you how much I missed not being there. From the photos, you definitely look like one swell bunch! Oh well, I'm definitely inspired to make it to the next one on August 9th. Hopefully, we'll not only be able to join the first two groups, but also, add in even more of us!

Btw, thanks to all of you who shared those messages of condolence with me. What a great bunch we GW TKOers are!

And to Acountryfarm and Marlene and all the Oregon area TKOers -- best to you with the Portland gathering!