Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momto4kids_gw

Mamma Mia! Which song is playing...

momto4kids
15 years ago

...when the dog is running in slo-mo on the beach? It's not an ABBA song and I checked the soundtrack. Is it Chariots of Fire? I remember thinking it's the perfect song for a stop-motion animation my kids are putting together...but once I left the theatre, *all* I could remember was that I needed to remember that song! Geez....my old brain!

Anyway, it's familiar. You'll know it the minute you hear it. But for some reason, I don't think it's the usual perfect-for-slow-motion Chariots of Fire. If anyone goes to see Mamma Mia! anytime soon...would you please make a mental note and post when you get a chance?!! Thanks!!!

Comments (8)

• momto4kids
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Time to move this along! I guess I'll just have to go back to the movie and pay attention when the song comes on!

But...if any of you still haven't seen the movie and you see this post before you go...please make a note of the song and post it! Thank you!!

• emagineer
    15 years ago

Momo, Here is a link to the film/songs from Mama Mia. The Movie Track is listed as well as songs not used but also in the movie. Try Ipod for ABBA and listen to part of the songs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mamma Mia

• MariposaTraicionera
    15 years ago

Wish I had seen this BEFORE going to see Mamma Mia! Can't help you, but I want to say that my daughter and I really, really enjoyed this move! It was fun and we laughed a lot, and I even cried a tiny bit, LOL

My mum used to listen to ABBA and I hated that group. But guess what? I found myself humming some of their songs before going to see the movie. Someone said I'm "mellowing" out....or getting old :-)

So Momto4kids, did you enjoy the show?

• maddielee
    15 years ago

I think you're thinking about the preview for "Marley and Me".

(I 'think' it is Chariots of Fire).

Here is a link that might be useful: Marley and Me

• momto4kids
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the website! That's more than I've been able to find. Thanks you!

Mari...LOVED it! I was hoping there'd be a "sing-a-long" version like they do for kids' movies. I just heard today that, indeed, a "sing-a-long" version is coming out! So, I'll go again and be ready for the beach scene!

Maddie...thanks, but I'm certain it was a scene in the movie. But, it has been so long, I'm scratching my head now! Anyway, I'll be seeing the movie again, so I'll be ready for whichever!

• betts_2008
    15 years ago

I think Maddie is correct.

If you click on the following link to the movie trailer, you'll see a pup running on the beach with the theme from Chariots of Fire playing.

Mama Mia had no dogs that I can remember. An I'm sure all the music was Abba. I LOVED the movie, btw.

I'm a new poster, I hope I did this right.

Betty

Here is a link that might be useful: Marley and Me Preview

• momto4kids
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good grief...Betts...you all just might be right!! I was picturing a dog running down the beach, but I thought it was near the end of the movie when Meryl Streep is singing just before the wedding. But, gosh, that Marley and Me Preview sure feels right. I think I've had a premature senior moment!

• momto4kids
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The sing-along version starts playing tonight in a local theatre. Bummer...I know I won't make it this weekend. I'll get there eventually. Even if I turn out to be wrong about the dog on the beach before the wedding near the end of the movie...I'll enjoy singing along (as singing the "right" words)!!