Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I am only trying to help

Posted by fairegold (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 07 at 10:57

I swear I am not a "moderator" nor am I trying to be a busy-body of any sort. I've just made three posts to people in the Kitchens forum attempting to help the new people, two to direct people to the Appliances forum, and one to redirect the poster to the Discussions side instead of the conversations side.

We seem to have a lot of new people lately, and I am only trying to help them find their way to the place that will give them the best information on their questions.

So please forgive if I seem a little too busy around here this morning, just trying to help folks out!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I am only trying to help

I think it's great you are. As someone who feels entirely burned out/up, I've quit trying to be helpful much any more. You're always such a good role model!

o

I think it's great too, but.....No good deed goes unpunished. I hope you don't get any snippy responses.

o

No comments except from you two, I just felt that I was being a little obtrusive this AM, but my cause was good. LOL!

o

Someone has to show 'em the ropes, and noone knows their way around here better than YOU!
Thanks!

o

I appreciate your suggestions and your appliance and kitchen comments. I originally found the appliance forum by googling 'appliance ratings.' I only found the other forums when some helpful poster (it might even have been you) pointed them out. I just found out about Hot Topics this week.

So keep it up.

o

Fairegold,
I'm usually too lazy to give that kind of guidance so I agree, it's good that you're doing it.

The one answer I always want to post but never do is when people ask for pictures of a specific item such as:
"Show me pix of your silgranit sink"

I'd like to guide them to the FKB which has categories for exactly those kinds of specific items but the one time I did that the results weren't positive so now I just keep my mouth shut.

o

You're fabulous Fairegold!
(By the way, I just also wanted to say that I respect and appreciate your input on my HBP post as well in case I sounded argumentative and defensive there...)

o

At least you're polite!

o

Me? I have been unbelievably rude or just plain snarky more than once. I'm just glad you have a short memory. LOL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here