Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amy_short1913316

Need help choosing granite - among other things:)

Amy Short-Jones
15 years ago

We are planning a mini remodel on the kitchen and family room of a 6 year old house we just recently purchased. The cabinets are a light honey maple and even though I would prefer something darker, they will have to stay as will the tile floors which are killing my feet:( The things that I would like to do are: replace the island counter with possibly a light creamy granite (the laminate is burned in many places) and replace the perimeter counters too but I am undecided as far as material (my budget may decide for me.) I would also like to add pendant lights over the island and new hardware to the cabs. For the hardware I was thinking of ORB but my faucet will likely be chrome, is that a no no? There are some pendant lights in the Pottery Barn catalog that are hammered metal that I love but they are a whiter metal also. This room has an attached dining area with a small chandelier that I would like to replace also.

Here is a picture of the kitchen:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/cakesnmatty/kitchen5.jpg

Thank you in advance for any help you lovely folks may be able to provide, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading these boards and learning from you all!!