Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamadadapaige

Boston Area Get Together... any interest?

mamadadapaige
15 years ago

Anyone in the greater Boston area up for a get together?

It seems there are quite a few of us. If so, perhaps we could do one of the following:
Wine Monday at Lespalier in Boston (they are moving from their Gloucester Street address to the Mandarin Oriental that is being built in Boston, so would be nice to get in there before the move). The Monday wine events are 4 course tasting menu and wine pairing (starts at 7 pm, $60... not bad for one of the best restaurants in Boston).

http://www.lespalier.com/events/

or
A cooking class at Eurostoves in Beverly, MA (in the northshore, maybe not central enough, but could be fun to cook on the Bluestar! and lots of fun offerings for their classes)

http://www.eurostoves.com/cgi-bin/store/august.htm

or
We could meet at Summer Winter in the Burlington Marriott (probably central for a lot of people ... fairly new restaurant by Mark and Clark of Arrows, Ogunquit ... not as expensive as Arrows, service sort of spotty, but food is really good).

or
Anything really, it would just be fun to meet you!

Let me know if you are interested. Izzyce said she would manage a yahoo page for us. Perhaps that could be posted here too??

Comments (43)

• m_nk
    15 years ago

Great idea! I'd be in depending on the time/location (I work during the day and have a long commute)

• ni_2006
    15 years ago

I am definitely interested. I am working full time and have an infant at home, so depending on the time and location, I will see if I can make it.

• mamadadapaige
    Original Author
    15 years ago

m nk and ni2006, what location would be best for you? I am very flexible.

• paul_ma
    15 years ago

Sure, I'm up for it. (If "boys" are welcome.)

I reside and work out on 495, so of your choices, Burlington is best. I work a lot, so week days are not very feasible for me. Weekends I'm flexible.

• ni_2006
    15 years ago

I am in Waltham, so Burlington will work. Weekends are best for me as well.

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

I MIGHT be able to do it. I can't say for sure right now.

• lovemcm
    15 years ago

If Rhode Islanders are allowed, I would love to come. I am also most available on weekends. If I wait til there is a RI get-together, they will have to dig me up. ;-p

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

I just pinged Paulines, too. I have a feeling she'd be up for this. :-)

• mamadadapaige
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Bill.

sounds like a weekend date and Burlington location will work best for everyone (or some other central location outside of Boston if anyone has an idea).

the more the merrier: RI, NH, girls, boys, with or without SO's...

• bethv
    15 years ago

I'm in! Weekends are best for me. I'm in Concord so Burlington would be great.

• mamadadapaige
    Original Author
    15 years ago

any other greater Bostonians out there wanting to join in?

• huango
    15 years ago

I'd love to join in.
    Weekend/Burlington would be great for me.
    Amanda

• afr66
    15 years ago

I might be interested if I can find time to escape from the little guys (5 and 2.9). I'm north of Boston so Burlington would be fine for me.

• paulines
    15 years ago

I'd love to attend if possible - Boston/weekend works best for me.

• beantownrenovator
    15 years ago

Would love to - just started renovations yesterday and I could really use a glass of wine (or two or three) with people who understand. sorry for my delayed response haven't had anytime at the computer. I'm in whenever/wherever it's best for you all. the only wknds that don't work for me are august 17th and labor day.

• izzyce
    15 years ago

I am definitely up for it - thanks for kicking me into gear mamadadapaige... I am in Concord too, so Burlington works for me. I also have a young child so need a plan to either a) get a sitter or b) get my husband to rally.

I have set up a Yahoo Groups for the Boston area for GardenWeb. Then we can email each other and send more specific plans outside of this forum. Unfortunately GardenWeb blocks me from posting the URL. But if you go to the Yahoo Groups page and type in gardenweb boston you will find it. I hope we can all register and meet up!

I also am 2 weeks into my renovation and could use at least 2 glasses of wine.

Isabella

• hollylh
    15 years ago

hey y'all (okay, so I'm not originally from Boston...)--

I would love to finally meet some of you--unfortunately the rest of the summer, esp. weekends, is out for me. Keep us posted on the times/places though...I will check out the Yahoo page (if my web skills are up to the task). Mama, thanks for getting this started! and I have to tell you, I am still looking at your kitchen pix embarrassingly often for inspiration. Holly

• mamadadapaige
    Original Author
    15 years ago

shall we choose a date. sounds like a weekend will work best for people. I could do the 26 or 27th of July and am also pretty open in August. What works for you?

• pluckymama
    15 years ago

I would love to do a weekend, but I'm swamped until the beginning of September! Maybe, if you do July or August, we can do another one in the fall.

• weissman
    15 years ago

Depending on the date, I might be able to make it - Burlington is fine. I went and joined the yahoo group but there are only four members. I'm not sure that's the best way to communicate the event. What's the problem with just posting here?

• mamadadapaige
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hi weissman,
    you are probably right... lets just use GW for communication on this. I am new to Yahoo Groups and don't quite understand the benefits... wouldn't want to miss anyone by confusion of how to communicate particularly when this forum works so well.

so everyone, August or September?

• susan_in_maine
    15 years ago

Again, depending on the date, we'd be up for it as well. Weekends are the only possibility for us, though. Burlington would be great.

-Susan

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

mama- y'all go ahead and make the plans, and if I can be there, I will. I don't want to put my 2 cents in this time. The last time, Paulines had the get together at her house, featuring her brandy new kitchen, and up till the week before I was all set to come to it, and at the last minute had things pop up that couldn't be helped, so I don't want to have any part of making the plans. If I CAN be there, you can bet I WILL.

• beantownrenovator
    15 years ago

how about shooting for wknd of sept 6/7? ppl will have most summer obligations out of the way by then, hopefully.

• weissman
    15 years ago

I could make it on 9/6 but not 9/7.

• huango
    15 years ago

I'm free that weekend.
    Amanda

• bethv
    15 years ago

The weekend after labor day is good for me too! Thanks for putting this together!

• beantownrenovator
    15 years ago

Let's shoot for 9/6 since we have lots of yes's for that day...i'll let mama work on the details.

all others who haven't responded just confirm 9/6 works for you.

• brindamour
    15 years ago

So...any plans formalized yet? I am here belatedly, having somehow missed the initial posting, but 9/6 certainly sounds doable to me. I'd be coming from western NH, which means the actual location is not a huge consideration for me.

I'm so excited at the thought of meeting fellow KFers!

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

You're not anywhere near Washington by any chance, are you?

The reason I ask is my sister and her husband have a summer home there. :-)

• brindamour
    15 years ago

All things being relative in NH, Washington (lovely little town!) isn't that far from me -- I'm in the same county but on the very western edge of the state. Geographically speaking, I live closer to Walpole and Keene.

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

I'm over on the other side, in Maine, actually-- about 40 minutes from Conway.

• beantownrenovator
    15 years ago

everyone we are on for 9/6...I'm working on a location in/around Burlington. Looking forward and will keep you posted!!

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

I've been meaning to post on this thread now for the last three weeks, and keep forgetting. That saturday and sunday is the Maine B.A.S.S. Federation Nation State Fishoff. I'm not going to be able to come down-- this is the big one of the year-- but I'll look forward to someone taking pics, and I'll do the same out on the water!

• paulines
    15 years ago

I can't do Burlington, but if anyone wants to meet up in the Boston/Back Bay or south shore area, I'm game. I'll even try & drag Mindstorm along (she's an old timer, but has been mia lately)!

• huango
    15 years ago

Hello,
    Are we still getting together this Saturday?
    Is there another more updated post with the restaurant info/time, etc?

thanks,
    Amanda

• weissman
    15 years ago

I was wondering the same thing. Is this on for this Saturday?

• beantownrenovator
    15 years ago

hi all - i sent a message to mama a bit ago, but haven't heard back. my renovations got delayed (suprise, suprise) and i'm now in the thick of moving in and unpacking. i'm not sure saturday works for me. if it were organized already i'd really try to stop by, but i can't organize right now...i feel horrible because i would love to do this and have it on the calendar but if you saw the state of my home you'd understand.

• huango
    15 years ago

Just tossing this out:

I, by no means, am trying to step on any toes.
    But since there was a lot of interest, and some people may still be available on this night, how about meeting on:
    - 9/6Saturday
    - 6pm

Option A: near rt 128/95 and rt 3:
    - Macaroni Grill
    - 50 South Avenue, Burlington, MA 01803: 781-273-5180

Option B: near Mass Pike and rt 128/95:
    - Bison County
    - 275 MOODY ST · WALTHAM, MA 02453 (781) 642-9720

Option C:
    idea anyone?

Not sure how many people are coming from North vs. from South. I'm coming from the West.

feedback?

thanks,
    Amanda

• weissman
    15 years ago

Either of those sound like good choices - Macaroni Grill has quite good Italian food - particularly for a chain. I'm not personally familiar with Bison Country but their menu of barbecue looks interesting. I'd be up for either. 6pm is a good time for me. Hope others see this and can make it.

• huango
    15 years ago

weissman and any others:
    I think we should reschedule this. I think I posted my suggestion too late.

looking forward to a Boston area get-together...

Amanda

• bethv
    15 years ago

Okay, I'd rather reschedule than miss lots of GWers. Our schedule is open - DS is down in Texas until Christmas so now we're back to the Remodeling Olympics. The kitchen backsplash and finishing touches are on hold while we paint the house! I am sooooo gonnna need that drink! Does rescheduling knock anyone out of the get together?

• mamadadapaige
    Original Author
    15 years ago

oops!!! so sorry. I was the original planner and am so sorry to have let it drop. could anyone take over planning? beantownrenovator... I didn't get your message, but if you are still game to plan (or anyone else), it would be so nice to get together.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor