Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trouble logging on last few days...

Posted by celticmoon (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 8, 06 at 18:36

I'm getting a "cannot find server" message when I try to log on to GW. I can read and move through the Forums, so I am accessing the main server fine. Just cannot log on.

Unless I disable my Norton Antivirus completely as I just did. Then the sign up page came right up.

Solutions? I'd rather not disable everything each time I log on. Lowering the level of security and futzing with cookie screening options wouldn't work. Only full disabling.

Oh, and talk to me like I'm a five year old because I'm no technowhiz. TIA.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trouble logging on last few days...

I've been having some issues also. My 'Favorites' page is post sign-in, so I never have to log on. Now, that same page takes me to all those lovely ads, and to get away from them, I have to log in. I tried resaving the post-login page, but it won't take... They must have changed something.

o

Good to know it is not just me.

I just now logged on fine without disabling anything. Weird.

o

I swear, Norton's is as useless as teets on a bull. I've had mine completely disabled now for about 3 months. I'm on broadband, and with the Nortons on, it would take as long as 30 seconds to load every single web page!! I know it's taking a chance, but I just don't have the time to sit and wait any more.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here