Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cooperbailey

10 years cancer free!!! Yay me

cooperbailey
16 years ago

10 years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I didn't like it much. My oncologist said after next year I don't have to come back.

Every day is a good day. Even the sucky ones. yay me. Sue

Comments (30)

• amicus
    16 years ago

Congratulations!!! May that battle be always a thing of the past, with a lifetime of good health for your future!

• mrsmarv
    16 years ago

Wonderful news! You must be elated, and you should be ;o)

• 3katz4me
    16 years ago

How wonderful - so good of you to post this!! I'm a cancer survivor too and one good thing about it is that it does put things in proper perspective; i.e. even sucky days are good days and it's great to get old!!

• allison0704
    16 years ago

That's wonderful - Congrats!!

• brachl
    16 years ago

Fabulous news -- congrats! I run a nonprofit for kids with life-threatening illnesses (mainly cancer), and I know any good news is so appreciated. Yay you!

• gfiliberto
    16 years ago

Good for you!
    I wish you many, many happy days and years!

• cat_mom
    16 years ago

Congrats to you! Yay, yay, yay!!!

• pecanpie
    16 years ago

Congratulations! Wonderful news!

• susan209
    16 years ago

Wishes for a long and healthy life, cancer free is wonderful news.

• cooperbailey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thanks all. If only all of us could have the same good result. I think of my family and friends every day who did not win their respective battles.
    Gibby congrats to you too. And you got that right- loving the birthdays as they pile up- 54 today! not so much the wrinkles and stuff but it sure beats the heck out of the alternative.
    Now if only we could finish our DIY kitchen! Sue

• marandall
    16 years ago

Sue, Congrats to you and to Gibby! I am a BC survivor, too! 6/17 was my 5 yr cancer free anniversary! (sigh of relief and big grin) I have one more 6 month oncology check up and I'll go to yearly... wooo hooo! Next month will be my 50th birthday and yes, aging is a beautiful, wonderful thing... wrinkles, hot flashes, chin hairs(what!) and all!!!!! We are so blessed! Margie

• MariposaTraicionera
    16 years ago

Congratulations!! What an inspiration.

• cooperbailey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Margie- Congrats to you too!! 5 years is awesome, and yeah you are right about all the aging stuff, but the chin hairs- how unfair is that! you go girl! Sue

• 3katz4me
    16 years ago

Marandall - I just turned fifty in May and I think I was happier about that than anyone I've ever seen. I tell ya, it's a beautiful thing to live to be 50. And in August I will be a 35 year cancer survivor!!

• marandall
    16 years ago

Thanks y'all! Hooray for us all, life is good! (and tweezers are my friend!! Haha!) ;)

• doceolatin
    16 years ago

Wonderful news!!

WHOOOHOOOO FOR YOU!!!!

• cooperbailey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

5!,10!,35! We can do this!!! Let's drink a toast to all of us!! It's a beautiful night! hmm... make mine sangria.

• igloochic
    16 years ago

Congrats to all! My dearest friend is celebrating her 8th year with Leukemia (given that she was told she wouldn't see 8 years she's feeling pretty good about things). She's still very healthy and the treatment she's taking (experimental) is keeping her that way. So far so good...and at 10 years we'll really party!!!

• jubileej
    16 years ago

Cooperbailey -

That's wonderful! I have a dear church friend with two daughters, one entering 7th grade and the other, 5th, who is just beginning her treatments. It's good to hear from someone on the other side of it all.

• jennybeth
    16 years ago

That is so awesome! Congratulations!!

• vicnsb
    16 years ago

Congratulations cancer survivors! My first time over here to this forum...I am also a breast cancer survivor and will have 9 years this November! I pray for the day when everyone diagnosed can become a survivor! My eldest sister is fighting pancreatic cancer right now, we could use some prayer. Thanks.

• cooperbailey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Vicnsb welcome! and congrats on your 9 years. Our thoughts are with your sister and your family in this difficult time. Looking at kitchen stuff can be a welcome diversion. Sue

• vicnsb
    16 years ago

cooperbailey...thanks for the thoughts for my Sister. I'm right on your heels of recovery time! Doesn't it feel awesome?

• rivendell
    16 years ago

Yea!!! Congratulations! A wonderful milestone!!! My husband has one year of being cancer free (colorectal, which later spread to his lungs) under his belt. To quote Mark (who has a wonderful attitude in addition to a wonderful sense of humor)"Every day above ground is a good day."

• cooperbailey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yay for Mark!! That is totally awesome! Today is a good day. Should I have said it in High Elvish, Rivendell?? LOL

• capecodder
    16 years ago

I'm ten years "out" from breast cancer this month! Never thought I'd see the day, either...congrats to us!

• cooperbailey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

CONGRATS to you capecodder! I know it feels great!

• napagirl
    16 years ago

I'm 12 years cancer free (breast) this weekend and loving every day!

• cooperbailey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

napagirl FANTASTIC for you!! totally awesome.

• donnar57
    16 years ago

These are wonderful things - congrats to all of you! My husband had colon cancer two years ago - last year proclaimed cancer-free. He was 47 at the time of the "find". So I am joyous for you because I know how WE feel.

Keep getting your checkups regularly, though - when your doctor tells you to!

DonnaR/CA