Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Countertop and backsplash choices

Posted by lavender_lass (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 17, 11 at 15:22

So many people seem to have trouble finding the right countertop and backsplash, for their kitchen. How many posts do we see, asking about these specific choices?

For me, the backsplash was pretty easy, but the counterop has proven to be a real challenge. What I like, what I can afford, what I want to maintain...they never seem to end up being the same thing! LOL

Anyway, how hard was it for you? Are you still deciding? Any tips/ideas for the rest of us? Thanks in advance :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Countertop and backsplash choices

This was tough for us in our recent reno of our MCM kitchen. We had chosen "golden rock" granite with a fair amount of movement for the counter top and didn't want a back splash to compete with it. On top of that, there was already a wall oven cabinet veneered in stone and a exposed very large fireplace adjacent to the kitchen. Oh, and gray porcelain floor tiles in a large brick pattern. We ending up nixing the back splash aside from a 4" trim in the same granite. The rest we just painted. Simple solution and it works great with all the "hard" elements in the room.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here