Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buehl

OT, but...Congratulations IglooChic!!!!

Buehl
15 years ago

Sending "girly" thoughts your way! (Can they be "tom-boy" thoughts?)

Let's see, if you're 6 weeks, that means the munchkin is due beginning of February?

Is it time for a nursery remodel? Hmmm...Kitchens & Nurseries...I think you can handle that!

And how about DS's bathroom? Are "dinosaur eggs" and turtles still in the plans? [I'm a girl and I would have liked the dinosaur eggs & turtles...I never did like dolls!]

Keep us posted and congratulations!

Comments (59)

• sjerin
    15 years ago

Let me add my congratulations, too! What wonderful news for you both, and great timing!

• Yvonne B
    15 years ago

:-) I'm chuckling... oh, good! Another kitchen to remodel! Or was this the house in MN that will be too small? (it's so hard to keep up...)

• pbrisjar
    15 years ago

Many, many congrats!

• cooperbailey
    15 years ago

See,Igloo, I guess it is just as easy as falling off a ladder ;) Congratulations to you and your DH. I am sure you are both just thrilled.

Sue

• rhome410
    15 years ago

No better news than a new baby! Many, many congratulations to you, dh, and ds.

I had my youngest at 44. Don't let them scare you about the age thing. :-)

• momj47
    15 years ago

What a wonderful surprise - best wishes to all of you. DS will make a great big brother. Take care.

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

See,Igloo, I guess it is just as easy as falling off a ladder

And a WHOLE LOT MORE FUN!!

Just when ya least expect it!! God bless, lady!!

• cotehele
    15 years ago

Dawn, you are the one to keep us laughing and on our toes...'bout time you are the one to get the surprise :D Enjoy the next few months, rest up, you'll be keeping up with two soon! Judy

• sjerin
    15 years ago

I forgot to say, when I saw the title of this post I thought for sure you had bought yet another house! Does this make your house/town decision any easier or more difficult?

• neesie
    15 years ago

Baby news is the happiest, best-est type of news of all! Congratulations on igloo-infant!

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

There is absolutely nothing better then babies! I bring myself to tears just thinking about one day having grandbabies. Not yet.. I'd kill my boys... they have to find the right girl and marry first! My youngest is going to be 21 on Sunday... and I miss having little ones around. All those years spent on ball fields with absolutely no life of my own... and as a single Mom. There have been kids at school that I've been so tempted to take home... save them; but I know I can't and DH thinks I'm nuts. I'll live vicariously through igloo... CONGRATS!!!

• eandhl
    15 years ago

Oh how exciting, igloochick and igloodude are having a new iglooette. I am so happy for you and your family. Take care of yourself!!!

• sarschlos_remodeler
    15 years ago

So what was your first clue? Mine was when I went home and ate three (3!) peanut butter and banana sandwiches and promptly fell asleep on the sofa. Woke up the next morning and thought, whoa. That was weird. :)

Congrats!

• pcjs
    15 years ago

Congrat's - you know that's how the story goes - try adoption, get pregnant!

• mnhockeymom
    15 years ago

igloo - I've been away from these boards for a l-o-n-g time but I'm SO glad that I peeked in to see this news - HOLY MOLY, you know how to keep life fun, don't you?? As much as going from one to two is more than just an incremental change, you're giving your little guy such a wonderful gift!!

Many, many congrats and loads of love and prayers sent your way - please take care of yourself (so how's your supply of nonalcoholic wine? ;-P )and remember that we always get everything done in the time we're given ... in other words, don't stress, the house(s) will get done and you'll find better/bigger digs all in due time!

Enjoy!

• loves2cook4six
    15 years ago

I posted on the other thread but wanted to here as well. CONGRATS!!! Sending good girly vibes your way. Let us know as soon as you know. We'll turn the kitchen forum into a nursery one. :)

• kateskouros
    15 years ago

congratulations! that's great news! i was 40 when i got pregnant with my "oops" girl. i went through three years of IVF to have my son so thought there was no need for "precautions". anyone trying should lay off the sugar and swallow lots of protein!

• thankurnmo
    15 years ago

Oh wow! As we say in the hood, mazel tov!

• marlene_2007
    15 years ago

What a joy! I echo sheilaaus' mazel tov!

(I was kinda thinking before this that the Kitchen Forum was a form of birth control.....)

• tracyc
    15 years ago

Congratulations!!! I promise you can drink red wine vicariously through me all through your preganancy :)))

• bethv
    15 years ago

Yeeee HAAAAa!! Congratulations : ) The same thing happened to my sister. They went from 2 kids to 4 kids in 6 weeks. Any idea on the adoption timing?

• igloochic
    15 years ago

I've relearned to enjoy ariel champagne (fake) and will just have to pretend its real when the remodel goes sideways :)

we're actually toying with the house issue. we are waiting for the MN house price to get reasonable (she has it listed a $500,000 OVER appraised value) but that will be a second....wait i'm past that, an extra home for seasonal use if we ever get the price down to a reasonable figure. our existing home is two bedrooms...one on the first floor....one on the fifth...great family set up huh? so we hAve to put in state of the art surveliance systems if the kids ever move downstairs. once again my lovely walk in closet (9x15) will be a nursery LOL someday it's going to make a lovely closet!

we are due Jan 27th (we had to sit down with a calendar and get to the exact date) and we need one more sonogram nex week to ake the docs happy. the surgery and drugs afterward worry them a bit, but they felt better after the first sonogram showed a baby in the right place :)

what was my first clue? sr that cracked me up! not peanut butter and bananas...but instead it was the pain meds. they made me so tired and woosie...i felt half sick on them (I never had morning sickness with the first) but i didn't ever get to a point of feeling like i would vomit...so i started eating soda crackers. i quit taking the pills because they bothered me far worse than the pain....but the tiredness and weak tummy didn't go away. then the kicker...i cried during an episode of elmo....that just isn't me LOL

so tday i saw huge billowing clouds of black smoke coming from the area of the house...i went over, fortunately it wasn't my house lol (something at a business a bit down) but i arrived to find cabinets going upin the kitchen :) ye ha!!!

my gc and i are smilar ages...he just keeps looking at me and laughing...and mumbles...gad i'm glad its not my wife...we're done with kids heh heh

• californiagirl
    15 years ago

Super congrats! I'm so jealous. We're about to have only high schoolers and it feels so wrong. Maybe this forum will do similar good things for the rest of us. Meantime we'll all drink to the igloo baby's health.

• bluekitobsessed
    15 years ago

Oh yay!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!! Just one question: How are they gonna get all the sled dogs and moose (to be midewives, of course) into that tiny kitchen-less igloo?

• gneegirl
    15 years ago

What a true blessing Igloochic!! Sometimes you are on my mind and I often wonder how you and your family are holding up. But - I guess you're doing just darn fine - LOL. This is such great news. Prayers and Hugs for ya!!

gneegirl in MD

• maydl
    15 years ago

Mazel Tov and a prayer for health and peace for the new little one and for us all.

• sweeby
    15 years ago

I'm drinking a nice Cabernet toast to the little Igglepoo!

And if I may say so, Nurseries are even more fun than kitchens! ;-)

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

Oh i-chic, I am soooo happy for you! How wonderful! And yes, great timing, too (I knew you were planning to adopt so I guess it's nice that you got the happy news now, huh?). Having been there, done that with the infertility stuff (another lifetime ago it seems), I certainly know about the trying/giving up, but boy oh boy, how nice to know that Mother Nature still had some surprises in store for you, and how!

I hope all goes well for you with the pregnancy, delivery, and all the years after, and for DS, DH, and all your houses in just about every state in the union!

• igloochic
    15 years ago

So another funny for the day...the adoption agency called...a baby is due in November, meets all of our criteria, and the birth mother wants a closed adoption with an alaskan family...I currently have babies coming out my ears LOL (No I'm not going fo both...DH and I aren't quite up to brandgolina level) when it rains it pours i guess!

my other little guy is doing quite well gnee. we're just holding on for a few more months so we can retest, but we're sheltering him to keep him healthy until then and so far, so good! he's growing really well and for the first time in his life has made it two months without a major illness :) so all of us are doing just great!

• pbrisjar
    15 years ago

Oh igloochic that is wonderful news about DS! Heh - with all this good luck going your way your remodels should be pulling together with no more issues.

Of course you do know that you (and someone else here who posted about having a baby in their 40's) are making me rethink my decision to not have any kids.

• holligator
    15 years ago

Wow, igloochic! Congratulations!!! How very exciting!! You're an inspiration to us all! ;)

• stonegirl
    15 years ago

Happy Days, Igloo! May she be a happy and bouncy baby girl!

• jenellecal
    15 years ago

WOW! AWESOME! Congrats.

I've always heard that if you're having trouble getteng preggers just go through the adoption process, it always leads to a pregnancy (or it seems). This has happened to so many people I know.

What a fabulous blessing!!!!!!!

• coffeebreak
    15 years ago

Wow!

Congratulations!!!!!!

Such exciting news! Sending baby-girl-vibes your way!

• edlakin
    15 years ago

congrats! we're due with our new baby in late july, and i've had to police my wife to keep her from climbing ladders during our remodel process. it's not easy!

• niineta
    15 years ago

Just adding my congratulations, good luck wishes and girl thoughts. I'll get my mother (birthday Jan. 27) to send some girl thoughts as well. She is good at it. I am one of three girls and she always used to say to me when I would criticize her parenting style - "Just wait till you have three girls of your own!!" Well, I have three girls of my own - and eight granddaughters --- oh - and six grandsons. Five of the previous are really greatgrands but it has gotten too confusing to figure out!
    Girl vibes coming your way and happy thoughts for the igloo family. I hope you are gathering plenty of moss. Where did they store that stuff?

• scootermom
    15 years ago

Congratulations! Nice to take a break from obsessing about kitchens and read some really important, joyous news. Best wishes to all of you!

• boysrus2
    15 years ago

BIG CONGRATS! I had trouble getting pregnant and ultimately had IVF to conceive my twins. You're so lucky it happened the natural way! The best of wishes to you!!!!

• kitchenkelly
    15 years ago

I left you a message on the decorating forum but I will leave another one here. CONGRATS!! Can't wait to see little kitchenkelly (I assume you are naming her after me.) I am sure she will look lovely in her rooster dresses and feather tiara.

Take care.

• kkupstate
    15 years ago

Igloo - great news - both about DS and the little one growing! How exciting. I just love being pregnant. People are so much nicer to you. One of the main reasons we are thinking of #3 someday. Other days I think it would be nuts to have another - but those babies are so darn cute.

• jagl
    15 years ago

Congratulations! That is such happy news. Sending good wishes your way!

• kitchenredo08
    15 years ago

Congrats - congrats - congrats - I remember wondering if I could love number two as much as the first - believe me, it wasn't a problem. And then there was number three. As easy as number one. I always wanted a girl - but I found out it is very easy to love three boys (I wouldn't trade it for the world). Best wishes and lots of love to you and DH. DS will love having a new 'buddy' to play with.

• bluekitobsessed
    15 years ago

On the boys/girl thing, my ddx the sports nut kept on telling me that he was like Henry VIII, "bring me a male heir"...he was joking but not really...then he had some idea that we could have a basketball team...then baseball...then when he started talking football, he stopped being the dh and became the dearly departed ex....

• mominthedubc
    15 years ago

There is no better topic than baby news! Congratulations, Igloochic! As a Mom of 4; 3 girls and 1 boy ages 23-29, I am jealous! I miss those babiy years, but with 2 daughters having just gotten married last year, maybe I will have grandbabies soon. There is nothing better than having babies, so happy for you!!!!! :)

• ci_lantro
    15 years ago

Congrats on the kiddo, kiddo!

• jenanla
    15 years ago

Sending Congrats your way.

My children are 5 yrs. apart. When I was pregnant with the first we started a remodel of our 3-family in Boston.

Almost 5 years later pregnant with my second we decided to sell the home in the city and buy a home, but ended up building our current home.

Well (another) five years later we decided to move to a different school district (commuting the kids 4 hours a day to private school was wearing me out).

No baby this time, but you guessed it we are building again and can relate to "when it rains it pours".

• raehelen
    15 years ago

Congratulations!

I have one of each, so will send good thoughts, and I'm one of six girls, so will send those too!

Wonder what it is about the adoption process? I have a friend who went from no kids to three in two years. Adopted one, and then bang, bang two the old fashioned way less than a year apart! She was also well into her forties.

• seekingadvice
    15 years ago

WOW!!! I can't seem to find the thread others are referencing, but big CONGRATULATIONS on your pg!!!

I was sick to my stomach and my back hurt like crazy. I knew what that meant--a kidney stone! I have a problem with chronic stones. After a couple of rounds of antibiotics (doctor insisted it was a bladder infection in spite of my history) and no relief from Vicodin, I was finally given some tests and guess what? I was pg. Oh, yeah, I did have a huge stone, too! I had to have surgery at 6 weeks preggers but the baby and I did fine. Gave birth to my beautiful dd at age 44. We also had twins when I was 47, but I can't really take credit for that since we had help.

• Buehl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

SeekingAdvice...the other thread is on the "Discussions" side....where this thread was until the GardenWeb webmaster decided it didn't belong there and moved it here...

Technically, they're right, but it was where both IglooChic and most of the people she seems to interact with are located. Oh well...at least she saw it for a while!

So...if someday you can't find a thread that you know was just here...check the other forums......the PTB may have moved it......

• seekingadvice
    15 years ago

Thanks, buehl--I had done a search on both forums but I still couldn't find it! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I scanned the first few pages of posts but couldn't see anything that way, either. Maybe someone could post a link?