Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Custom made kitchen cabinet door hinges?

Posted by kitty56 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 22, 13 at 14:21

We are upgrading our kitchen and due to cost, the fact that we like our current cabinets, they are in good shape and they are excellent quality we are planning to keep the cabinets. There is however, one glitch. They have a type of door hinge that is no longer available. My H has researched it back to the company that made them, and they are out of business. He found it online, but then they said it was unavailable. He has not been able to find the same hinge again. Don't ask me what type I need, lol. I just know he said it is a very particular knife hinge. These cabinets were made 40 years ago. The doors also don't lend themselves to just using any replacement hinge - it is very specific because there are notches in the edge.

My question is, does anyone know if there is a company that would custom make these hinges? I could send one of the hinges as a template. I would probably need at least 60 of them - actually more like 70 to have some extras. It's not a huge order, but maybe enough to make it worth it for a company? Even if it cost $1000.00, that's a lot less than all new cabinets.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Custom made kitchen cabinet door hinges?

Try posting on the discussions side of this forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here