Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Granite countertop colors??

Posted by lware (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 18, 10 at 13:42

We are building a new house and picking out the granite is going to drive me crazy. We have dark brown stained concrete floors, hickory cabinets with natural stain, and cream/brown rock on the back side of our bar. I am looking for some advice or pics from someone with similar styles. Our granite contractor has the following slabs: taupe, yellow river, golden garden, porto fino, butterfly gold, lapidus, amarillo boreal, solarius, and muskat. Any experience with these colors? Any photos? All help is greatly appreciated!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Granite countertop colors??

You might want to post this question in On-Topic Discussions (link at the top of the list of threads). There's a lot more traffic there and a lot of people who know granite.

It sounds like most of the colors you mentioned are in the yellow/beige family. I think that while a color in that family would be okay, it's also going to be awfully monotone in there. If that's what you like, great! But I'd recommend more contrast. Black Galaxy might look stunning. So would Uba Tuba. With the hickory, I'd hesitate to put something too busy and exotic. Both of those have life, sparkle and interest, without being really busy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here