Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rheat_gw

Old home week

RheaT
15 years ago

OMG you guys are all still here? lol! Anybody remember me from a few years ago? I feel kind of bad for abandoning the kitchen forum after our remodel but my life is so crazy I don't have much time for socializing, in person or online.

Anyway, I'm baaaaack! We're planning to do a minor remodel of all three of our bathrooms early next year and I'm all about being prepared, so I ran over to the bathrooms forum and introduced myself. Then I wondered if anyone was hanging out in kitchen conversations that I might remember and it looks like most of you never left. I guess when you go through a kitchen remodel with people you get pretty attached.

Anyway, just wanted to wave "hi" and see if anyone wants to chat about bathroom remodels. I need all the help I can get!

Comments (4)

• claire_de_luna
    15 years ago

Hi; Welcome back! You'll be happy to know you're right on schedule. It seems (very) many of us tackle the bathroom(s) when the kitchen is done. Good luck with your project...my bathroom was almost a piece of cake (if I could take the remodeling part out of it) in comparison. That said, I'm glad mine's done!

• lowspark
    15 years ago

My bathroom remodel is still in the future, hanging out there somewhere, far far away. I now have two in college so it ain't happening in the next four years, that's for sure!!

Part of my problem is that the remodel I have in mind is very ambitious and it's going to cost me the BIG $$$. I live in an old (1961) ranch style that was built back in the day when they made bathrooms itty-bitty. My master bath is smaller than the kids' bath! So my plan is to remodel the hallway bath (it isn't really the kids' anymore! LOL) then convert a small bedroom that is adjascent to the MB into a nice master bath, and then demolish the existing master bath, and do a master bedroom remodel (built in shelving, new window, etc) at the same time.

Yeah, I'm crazy I know! Our house is 5BR and with no kids at home making it into a 4BR with a nice master bath will be so much better. I just hope & pray I live long enough to do this and enjoy it! LOL

Welcome back rheat. I'm one of the TKOers who never really left. I spend most of my time on the Cooking forum but I visit kitchens fairly regularly still.

• 3katz4me
    15 years ago

I'm thinking about my bathroom. I really need to do something with it - it's 35 and already had a facelift. Some things are falling apart. I hate to just do minor repairs again when functionally it has some significant issues that could be improved. It's a small bathroom so a relatively minor undertaking and I have the $ saved for it. I think I'm just too busy at work to muster the energy to undertake this. Not to mention it will be such a mess and disruption - for me and my ailing 19 year old cat. I'm thinking about waiting until he is no longer with us to suffer through the ordeal.

• RheaT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey guys, glad to see that some of you remember me. It wasn't that long ago, in kitchen years, that I hung out here. We've really enjoyed our kitchen remodel. I cook a lot and it's much nicer to work in a good-looking kitchen than the higgledy-piggledy mess we inherited when we bought this house. Unfortunately the footprint of the kitchen wasn't increased so I'm still struggling with that issue. But I bought a few pieces of free-standing furniture to store things in and that helps a lot.

We still have so much to do around here that it's hard not to feel overwhelmed at times. Three bathrooms is a lot but we figured as long as we have contractors in the house we might as well get them all done at once rather than dragging out the pain of remodeling.

Also on the punchlist are a tear-down and rebuild of a 1,000 square foot deck and replacing our beat-up driveway. But those projects are a few years out. Sometimes I wonder if the American Dream is some fantasy dreamed up by contractors. But hey, we're doing our part to keep the economy moving.

Speaking of which, what did you guys spend your gummint tax refund check on? Ours went to a tree company to remove three large dead/dying/falling down trees on the property. We lost a linden, a pine tree and an American Elm.

Rhea