Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitcheaid - rust on the fridge door after 2 month

Posted by catalinn (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 10:25

I bought a full range of kitchen appliances for my kitchen: fridge, dishwasher, range, microwave, hood - and the fridge door shows rust - fine lines from top to bottom - I think this can not be considered cosmetic issue- I think has to do with KItcheaid using cheap materials and advertising them as high quality appliances - they should be ashamed and recall the whole batch of fridges - I will not clean the rust every week or month or even year - it,s stainless steel and should not rust period - I send them messages and I!m waiting for an answer but the only way to get something seems to be through court -anybody try to take them to court?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitcheaid - rust on the fridge door after 2 month

Oh, Catalinn, that's awful! I have a noisy Kitchenaid induction cooktop, so I agree, KA isn't what it used to be. You asked if anyone took them to court. I'm pretty sure there is (was) a class-action suit in Canada about the self-cleaning feature on the KA ovens causing the electronics to fry. But yes, the customer service is often not very good.

To be fair, when I called to ask if my cooktop was supposed to click, the young woman on the phone went to a lot of time and trouble, even talking to a field person, to determine that unfortunately, yes, that was the normal operation. But that was when the product was new, so they didn't have a script yet. I bet yours isn't the first SS appliance that has rusted.

In my experience, the best results always come from contacting the President or CEO of a company. It may take some digging, but you should be able to find contact information for the corporate officers. That should get some action! Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here