Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kezar Lake

Posted by bill_vincent (billvincent@hotmail.com) on
Mon, Jun 23, 08 at 8:08

I can't remember-- Mom47-- I believe it was you who said you come up to Kezar during the summer? I'll be fishing a tournament there this coming sunday, if you wanna come by the public boat ramp at about 4:00 for the weigh-in. :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kezar Lake

I wish, but I won't be up until September. In a few years, when I RETIRE, I'm moving up permanently. I'll cheer you on all over Maine! Do you cheer in fishing contests??

When I fish, I mostly drown worms, so I always take a good book along.

Good luck.

o

No worms are harmed in the making of any tournaments. :-) It's all artificials. :-)

o

I could never get the hang of that, I usually managed to cast right into a tree if I was on the dock and nothing every struck my lure when I was out in the boat. Even with a fish-finder (which I apparently got to keep in the divorce), no luck. Which is OK with me, and probably, more importantly, OK with the fish.

o

Something I've told new club members when they come out with me-- If you're not getting snagged, you're not casting into the right places! Additionally, there's only a hair's difference between "Nice cast!" and "Aw crap!" That's the good thing about being in the boat on the trolling motor-- you can go to the snag!! I think in the last year, I can count the number of baits I've lost on one hand.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here