Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shannonplus2_gw

I Stopped Dieting and Lost 12 Pounds

shannonplus2
17 years ago

Well, it was about a year ago that I said "enough". No more dieting! I just decided to eat what I wanted, and whatever weight I gained, well, I would just have to live with it. But then, over the next several months, I found that I didn't want so much, since I now allowed myself to have everything, the cravings for "bad" foods disappeared. Since I wasn't hungry all the time, the periodic binging stopped. I never want fast food or chips or candy any more--they've lost the appeal of "the forbidden", and now just seem greasy to me. I get full faster, and no longer have a compulsion to finish every last crumb, since there'll always be food I could have later or tomorrow. Slowly and almost imperceptibly, I lost weight. In about 8 months, I lost 12 pounds and kept it off, totally effortlessly. I am no longer cranky from hunger pangs and cravings. Plus, I exercise more, cause I have more energy, cause I am not hungry. My muscle tone has improved enormously since I stopped dieting.

At a party the other day, a woman whom I'd never met, asked me "how do I keep so fit?" (I was wearing a sleeveless shirt). It turns out she's a personal trainer, and is always interested in hearing people's regimen for staying in shape. When I told her I did yoga, swam, and also just ate everything I wanted, she couldn't believe it. I explained that when you can eat whatever you want, you end up eating less. Yesterday, I just treated myself to a scoop of chocolate-peanut butter ice cream. It was delicious, and I enjoyed every bite. But then I was really full, and just ate a light salad for dinner. I won't want ice cream for several weeks or even months, after that serving. I think that if people would stop dieting they would be much happier, and thinner.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor