Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jerry Falwell & Yolanda King left us this week...

Posted by halfdecaf (My Page) on
Wed, May 16, 07 at 20:13

...and they both died because something went amiss with thier hearts.

The irony and symbolism is so rich to me. In the past couple of days I've heard the words "arrogant," "bigoted," and "hate-filled" spoken about Fallwell, while most people would remember King's father as someone with a passion for peace and justice. Two very different kinds of hearts, some would say, and yet they entered eternity to be with the God that they both knew at almost exactly the same time because their hearts stopped. This has caught me up short this week - caused me to reflect on the condition of MY heart, and called me to pause a little in the midst of my busy life to ask myself some questions about who I am and how my own heart is toward others these days...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jerry Falwell & Yolanda King left us this week...

ironic indeed.

but for all of us, a good time to reflect, as you said.
Love and compassion, starting with yourself.

o

What gets me is all I heard last night on any of the news programs is all the flap being raised over Falwell. Even at 11:00 last night-- not on the local news, not on Nightline (ABC) at 11:30, nor even CNN afterward, was a PEEP mentioned about Yolanda King's passing. For some reason that really bothered me.

o

Negativity gets more attention than positiveness. Just listen and/or watch the news. Yolanda King brought people together with her spirit and beliefs. As for Jerry Falwell...'nuff said.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here