Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
acdesignsky

Just for fun- Think you're psychic? Please read

acdesignsky
17 years ago

I have no idea what the future will bring, do you?

MY DH is job hunting. After a couple of months of no replies at all, he suddenly got 3 call backs in the past 5 days. He's employed now, but ready for new challenges. It's stressful, but we're working through it together.

I'm going to ask three quesions. What's your immediate gut reaction to the question? Write it here and in a week or so after the interviews, I'll post results.

OK, so maybe it's only fun for me, but I'm driving myself crazy!

1. Will he be offered his first choice job?

2. Will he be offered any of these 3 jobs?

3. Should he take the first job offer he gets?

Remember, don't dwell on the question too long. Just read it and decide immediately.

Thanks all!

Comments (21)

• sugarbreak
    17 years ago

No
    Yes
    No

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

Maybe it was biorythmes!! LOL

1 no
    2yes
    3no

Not meaning to copy!! Those aren't clairevoient questions-- more like good odds! :-)

• uxorial
    17 years ago

My dowsing pendulum says:

Yes
    Yes
    Yes

• PRO
    acdesignsky
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the responses so far everyone. I'd tell you my gut feeling, but I don't want to unduly influence!

• elizabeth_b
    17 years ago

As I read it I was thinking...

No
    Yes
    No

But.....I'm not psychic, nor do I play one on television.

~ Elizabeth

• mahatmacat1
    17 years ago

way to go, uxorial--I have a dowser in my family, actually (the late, great-uncle in the Ozarks...)--positive thinking is always worth the time! :)

No yes no sure does look like good odds, but I like also

Yes, Yes, No...

So I'll go with those.

Also please congratulate your DH on job-hunting while employed. Nice, powerful situation to be in :)

• PRO
    acdesignsky
    Original Author
    17 years ago

So then there were two!
    Just an update. DH stepped out of the running for one of the positions to focus on a higher position within the same company. He's in the 2nd round on interviews with both but is expected to have at least one more round after these are completed. His first choice is still in the running, though either position would be a great fit for his skills and interest.

• snookums
    17 years ago

Hey, I'm right there with you, as I've shared before... My dh has been "keeping his options open" for several months now. He loves his job but we can't afford to live on the salary.

He has interview #3 TODAY with a great company for a great position and about a 50% increase in pay. And his commute would be cut from 52 miles each way (104 round trip) to 17. MAJORLY knocking on wood here, don't want to jinx it...

I wish your dh luck - please wish mine luck too! :D

• PRO
    acdesignsky
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good luck to your DH snookums. It's so hard not to count your chickens isn't it? The reduced commute alone was be a huge benefit for you guys.
    My DH got the "Pursuing another candidate" call from HR today. DH was totally surprised. He thinks it was a salary issue, but who knows.
    So, and then there was one!

• uxorial
    17 years ago

angc--sorry to hear that. Was that his first choice? He should find out exactly why he wasn't chosen. Some places hold interviews just because they're required to, when they have already made their decision. (And don't forget too, that sometimes the person doesn't work out and leaves within a few months, opening up the position again, especially if they hire someone based on salary rather than experience.)

Remember what Bill V once posted here: "I have no problem with others who charge less for their work than I do. They know better than I what they're worth." (or something like that)

crossing my fingers for both you and snookums...

• PRO
    acdesignsky
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Not his first choice so the psychics aren't wrong so far :-) It is an incredible company but was a lateral move title-wise and a slight step down duties/responsibilities-wise. It was just a foot in the door in an incredble organization.
    The one remaining position is a big step up in all ways and a great opportunity for DH to be able to make a real impact on our the company is run. Big fish, small (but growing) pond situation.
    I'm sure whatever the outcome, it will be as it should be.

• snookums
    17 years ago

Well, he thinks his interview went well, but can't gauge if he "nailed it." AND, I found out when he got home, that he wore his Mickey Mouse tie to the interview. It was a nice one, but still. What in the h*** was he thinking?

He should hear today or Monday if he will move on to interview #4 (with the CEO - yesterday's was with the person he'd report to). Keeping our fingers crossed!

The title would technically be a step down, but it's a huge company, so in reality it's a step up. He's currently a COO at a small company, and this is a VP position at a large company. And - it's a move OUT of the credit union industry - something he's been looking for a chance to do.

If he doesn't get it, well, then, we'll keep on trucking. We have to.

• chispa
    17 years ago

Same boat here! DH has a very good job, but he is ready for a change. Has had several interviews and call backs, but no offers yet. Ok, for real estate we bury the statue in the yard ... what do we do for job interviews! LOL
    Good luck to all the DHs out there!

• snookums
    17 years ago

Well my update as of this afternoon is that he "passed" interview #3 and then will go to interview #4 next week.

Yay! And whew! Keeping our fingers tightly crossed.

• sweeby
    17 years ago

Woo Hoo Snookums! I'm crossing my fingers for your DH and Angc's and Chispa's too.

• PRO
    acdesignsky
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just an update. As of today, we're still waiting. DH is defintely still in the running and a decision should be made this week.
    The original questions were
    1. Will he be offered his first choice job?
    Still waiting to see
    2. Will he be offered any of these 3 jobs?
    He backed out of the running for one and didn't get the another, so that will depend on the call
    3. Should he take the first job offer he gets?
    If he gets the offer, he'll take it.

I hope we'll know by Fri. I can't handle the stress much longer.

• PRO
    acdesignsky
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok, so we'll officially close this thread and give the results.
    1. No
    2. No
    3. N/A

That's the bad? news. The great news is DH is in the running for another position that he is so incredibly excited about. It's the top IT position for a smallish (

• PRO
    acdesignsky
    Original Author
    17 years ago

An update, DH got the job I talked about in the last post! He's so very excited and starts immediately (lucky him gets to have two jobs for a couple of weeks).

• mahatmacat1
    17 years ago

ANG--I was hoping that I'd read good news when I saw this thread had risen to the top again!!!

YAHOO!!!!

I'm so happy for you all. Sounds like his job cup runneth over and his preparation has finally met opportunity (that's a favorite definition of good luck: preparation meeting opportunity). Please congratulate him for this g'webber and enjoy what sounds like will be an exciting future with a growing company :)

• PRO
    acdesignsky
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you so much flyleft. This has been such an exhausting process. The constant ups and downs were really taking a toll. I can't believe it's been over two months since the orginal post. It's nice to just exhale now.
    I love that definition, BTW.

• sweeby
    17 years ago

Woo Hoo! Congratulations to your DH, and to you for being there to support him.

Fly - I also love your definition. It matches what I've always though, but you've put it into words.