Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pevo_gw

Rain! Rain! I have a love/hate relationship with it!

Pevo
12 years ago

My new remodel was supposed to start in March, then April, then May and now maybe June. It's all the rain we've been having, the contractor can't dig for foundation work because the ground is too wet. I'm third in line for his services and he won't start a large project until he's finished all others. BTW we knew this when we hired him, it was part of the his appeal. OTOH it's given me time to tweak my kitchen layout for the umpteenth time. Today the contractor called and asked if I really, really wanted a screened in porch? I said yes, maybe, why? He said he'd been looking at our plans and thought a year round sun room would suit our needs better. Oh, yes I would love that but there's that stupid budget that I HAVE to keep to. Contractor said in his slow southern voice that it might not be as expensive as I think. Extra costs would be finished flooring, hauling away more dirt and the cost of windows. I have spent hours this afternoon redsigning the whole layout and now it's raining again but I'm excited by the new layout possibilities, contractor will drop off new plans tomorrow and we'll go over the pricing and details on Friday. Rain, rain go away I want my reno to start today!

Just needed to vent!

Pevo

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm