Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

If you were designing a kitchen magazine....(lots of pics)

lavender_lass
12 years ago

My pet peeve lately is how much all these kitchens look alike! Some magazines will throw in a wood kitchen or sort of contemporary, but most magazine kitchens are white with marble countertops, maybe a wood or soapstone island to break it up...wood floors and stainless steel appliances. I actually like that look, but it would be nice to have VARIETY! So, if you were desining a kitchen magazine, what kind of kitchens would you include?

Here are some of mine...please add more of your own :)

Well, I did say I liked this style, especially the turned legs, lots of windows and soft cream cabinets.

{{gwi:1547262}}

But I also like this...great ceramic counters (vintage kitchen) with (pow) that orange island!

{{gwi:1547264}}

I'd probably try to have one Sarah Richardson kitchen in each issue, if she would agree :)

{{gwi:1547265}}
Look, WHITE appliances! I know lots of people like stainless steel, but the last two magazine I got...every range/cooktop was stainless steel!

{{gwi:1547266}}

I really like this blue kitchen, soft but contemporary.

{{gwi:1547267}}

This green one is sleek and modern.

{{gwi:1547268}}

We should include some wood kitchens, too. This one works so well with the shiny stainless steel.

{{gwi:1547269}}

This is such a pretty arts and crafts kitchen...and that bump out banquette is wonderful!

{{gwi:1547270}}

Can you get more cozy that an english country kitchen, with an Aga, no less :)

{{gwi:1547271}}

Now, for something completely different (thanks to Corrie) and I've never seen anything like these...Toyo kitchens, from Japan!

{{gwi:1547272}}

{{gwi:1547273}}

And finally, the green kitchen winner...this is kind of cool, a remodeled 70's kitchen.

{{gwi:1547274}}

What kitchens would you add? Have fun! :)

Comments (4)