Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
You all know how shy I am about tooting my own horn...

Posted by bill_vincent (billvincent@hotmail.com) on
Sun, Apr 23, 06 at 23:46

I'm always so shy about showing my work and giving my opinions...

STOP LAUGHING!!!! :-)

And check it out:

http://www.remodeling.hw.net/industry-news.asp?sectionID=157&articleID=280646

http://powerpr.com/articles/articles.asp?include=971

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: You all know how shy I am about tooting my own horn...

You're gonna have all the Super Tilematics you can store for the rest of your life, Bill :)

o

Cool! Toot away!

o

Fly-- Nope. I even tried to get a deal on the floor model G2 saw they had at Coverings, which is brand new this year, and no dice!! I got this nice Target sweatshirt though!! (?)

John Bridge started a thread in the Pros Hangout at his site, and as I said there, the articles are actually more about the saws, than anything else. What I got out of it was the exposure, which DOES help, so it's kind of a wash. :-)

o

Aw man, Bill--they didn't even give you a saw??? "I provided some amazing ad copy to Target, and all I got was this lousy sweatshirt!" We should start a petition :) Exposure's good, but they should reward you more.

o

Bill! You're a tile guy? No way would I have ever guessed. I always pictured you with a beret, a paintbrush & an easel by the side of a river; never with tile and tile saw. Huh. Goes to show you.

Hopefully you get a kickback for that awesome plug. But yeah, exposure's good too! :-) Good for you.

o

It's a very cool thing to see your name and quotes written up as authoritative! Of course, we here already know Bill's a great guy who shares great advice!

o

Bill, YOU shy? *shock*

ROFLMAO!!!

Could I have your autograph?????

o

what i want to know is if your partner on the TGI Friday's job then went out and bought himself a Target saw???

The article makes him look...ummm...not too bright if he didn't...

:)

o

Nope-- he stuck with an MK. As for not being too bright, he thought he could get away with scamming the books. That's why he's not my partner any more. Also why I didn't name him in the article.

Nuff said.

o

well, I guess he *is* an eejit! I only know you from this forum, and *i'd* be afraid of scamming you.... LOL! :-0

I ust drove through Millbury yesterday---I'll have to look for the TGI Friday's next time I'm there...

o

It's right off (I believe) 147 at the shopping center right off the highway. It's right at the top of the hill as you drive into the shopping center.

Image hosting by Photobucket

o

gee whiz....

and to think we knew you *when*

:)

Bill I need to send you pics of the powder room floor (remember the marble mosaic??). It's GORGEOUS!! Thanks to your advice, DH's installation talent, and my unparalleled, inate, design sense. ;)

Ivette

o

Ivette-- you're ALMOST as modest as I am!! LMAO I'll be looking for them!

o

What- no photos! Boo....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here