Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweeby

Hilarious Threads on Other Forums

sweeby
18 years ago

Well, I know we all have better things to do, but then again, sometimes nothing beats a good laugh.

Here's a thread I came across that I just HAD to link to here, it's SO funny!

Who else has got some?

Here is a link that might be useful: Cat threw up in the washing machine...

Comments (33)

• reno_fan
    18 years ago

That's hilarious.

Nothing can beat, however, the "Hoo Hoo/Ding Dong" thread. I wished I'd saved it!

• reno_fan
    18 years ago

Holy Crap I found it!!!!!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: hilarious thread

• 3katz4me
    18 years ago

OMG - these are hilarious - had never seen them before. Reno - love the pool! I have tears running down my face from the cat barf thread - very amusing as I have three cats myself.

• reno_fan
    18 years ago

I'm laughing just *thinking* about some I've read. I may have to cross post over in Decorating. I remember Johnmari linking to a hilarious post about "dogs in elk", and someone else linked to another one about someone who tried to wax their bikini line and glued their um...cheeks together.

Then there's the one talking about toilets. Don't even want to go there!

• Boopadaboo
    18 years ago

That was a really good laugh. Thanks sweeby! The hoohoo/dingdong one was really funny too. I can;t read it now or I will never get to sleep~

• librarymom03
    18 years ago

reno fan:

I had to scroll down about halfway before the HOA thread got juicy! what a riot!

• mjsee
    18 years ago

That was a good one, but the FUNNIEST thread I have seen on theGW/THS boards was over in the roses forum. Pappu had some trouble with alfalfa tea...

melanie

• mjsee
    18 years ago

I found a cached version. It may only be funny if one is a rose gardener...

melanie

Here is a link that might be useful: Pappu's Big Stinking Mess

• pecanpie
    18 years ago

The only thing I know about roses is that they smell heavenly and I should get them for my anniversary every year.

I am crying and wiping my eyes after reading the Big Stinking Mess thread. I don't know when I've laughed so hard and I hope none of my upwind neighbors decide to brew alfalfa tea

• leahcate
    17 years ago

Oh I am laughing out loud..AGAIN! First, reno-fan, I do remember the original post and then all the subsequent references to "hoo hoos and "ding dongs"on later posts..just too funny. The "Pappu's big Stinkin' Mess" is hilarious, too!
    Wish I could remember all of them that have had me howling, but better than any of the joke forwards ever received! Thanks guys! lc

• momto4kids
    17 years ago

Does anyone remember the "Boxers, briefs or commando" thread by "Tracktor"? It was in another GW forum that someone had linked to. I thought it was so funny, I saved it. A bunch of poor, dear fellows talking a bout their chafing "nether regions." I don't know how to link a word doc, though. I can see it when I google for it, but I can't seem to call it up. It was pretty funny. If someone knows how to post it, I'll email it!!

• demicent
    17 years ago

Oh man. The Big Stinking Mess was the funniest thing I have read in ages!

"Can you build four walls around it and let an advanced, future, civilization deal with it?"

Oh it hurts. It hurts. I haven't laughed in a while and my laughing muscles are flabby.

I used to be a consulting rosarian and rose show judge, and I did personally brew up a mess of alfalfa tea once. I didn't put the lid on the garbage can tight enough and mosquitoes got in there and used the brew to lay eggs in.

When I removed the lid and went to empty the can, it was unpleasant.

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

Even though it's running now, I thought I'd post this thread for posterity, being that it's destined to become a CLASSIC!!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Cat Ate My Underpants

• mjsee
    17 years ago

I'm glad you enjoyed pappu's big stinking mess. It's one of my favorites. There have been some great threads over on the Landscape Design board...but long ago enough that I can't even find cached versions.

melanie

• starpooh
    17 years ago

momto4kids ~ I'd love to read the "Boxers, briefs or commando" thread. Can you open the word doc and copy/paste into the forum? If not, then I'll send you my email address and I'll give it a try. :-)

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

This I've got to see. Sounds like a hen party on testosterone!! LMAO

• momto4kids
    17 years ago

starpooh-
    Can you email me? I'll email the thread to you and perhaps you can post it. I've tried a number of times and the pictures don't come across. Perhaps I have to separately host the pictures. I don't know!

• sweeby
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just tell me the pictures aren't from the "Boxers, briefs or commando" thread!

• momto4kids
    17 years ago

Oh but of course they are, but they're not *those* sorts of pictures!!

I just sent starpooh the thread. Wasn't there a Tractor Forum on GW before ivillage took over? I think that's where the thread came from. Someone in the Cooking Forum had linked to it. Guys...and their sense of humor!

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

The worst of it is I can't even reply to it.... my choice isn't listed!! *WEG*

• momto4kids
    17 years ago

Oh Bill...I find that scary to even think about!! Man-thong?

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

I not tellin!!

• starpooh
    17 years ago

Here it is!!
    momto4kids' saved thread from GW's Tractor forum.

boxers, briefs or commando

Posted by Tracktor (My Page) on Sat, Jul 16, 05 at 0:16

After a full day in the seat in the heat (mowing with the GT 5000 and transporting logs and rocks with the Kubota CUT), I got out of the shower to find painful irritation from the constant contact with the seams of my underwear. I was wondering if there was any wisdom to be had from the more seasoned veterans who have logged more seat time in the heat. (Does JD make special underwear? Whose is better Sears or JD?) LOL. Actually I'm serious about the problem. Follow-Up Postings:

RE: boxers, briefs or commando

Posted by: woodsrunner55 SW OH (My Page) on Sat, Jul 16, 05 at 1:10

Try a kilt!

Posted by: bountyhunter z5 WI (My Page) on Sat, Jul 16, 05 at 1:11

Tractor:

You have various choices.

Use an inflatable doughnut like hemmoroid users have.

Use a "U" shaped foam cushion with the open portion to the front to keep jewels from sweating and free of tittilating pressure.

Get into SM and have the wife/girlfriend beat the he!! out of your soft butt with a cat-o-nine-tails whip to toughen up your sorry soft butt.

The most expensive alternative is to buy one of those pnuematic seats and mount it on your tractor.

Bountyhunter

Posted by: bountyhunter z5 WI (My Page) on Sat, Jul 16, 05 at 1:14

Woodsrunner55:

If his wife catches his girlfriend whipping him, he will get kilt by the wife.

LOL!

Bountyhunter

Posted by: woodsrunner55 SW OH (My Page) on Sat, Jul 16, 05 at 2:03

On a more serious note, those of who ride ATVs in the heat have been known to sprinkle liberal amounts of talcum or baby powder or even good ol' cornstarch in our pants before embarking. The irritation you speak of comes from bouncing around on those vinyl seats in damp sweaty pants. The cloth starts to have a sandpaper effect on your skin. The powder helps act as a dry lube and minimize chafing as well as absorb sweat. Not as hi-tech as the air-ride or as fun as the cat-o-nine tails, but a lot less obvious than the doughnut! And when you finish, you can toss your pants in the oven and make biscuits!

Posted by: Dynamike_56 z5 Mich (My Page) on Sat, Jul 16, 05 at 2:08

The only tractor logo underwear that I have seen is John Deere .
    I guess that John Deere figured that since they had all of their lawn tractor buyers already "bent over" ,that the least they could do is have a fresh change of underwear available for them , at a price of course.

Posted by: JDforME Zone 9 FL (My Page) on Sat, Jul 16, 05 at 2:51

You guys are funny! Hey Tracktor, if your underwear is rubbing you raw, just don't wear any underwear. What could be more simple than that? Then if your pants rub...

• starpooh
    17 years ago

oops, sorry... missed the link posted by wolfe1

Here is a link that might be useful: Actual footage of what talc can do

• sigh
    17 years ago

Well that was delightful! But as you all laugh, it's also a real problem for motorcycle riders that log many, many hours in the saddle. So I'm reading this thread and lauging (especially over the giant bloomers) but there was some actual good info there. The corrective underwear and bicycle shorts, f'rinstance.

BTW, Bill...if it isn't a man-thong then it's gotta be women's dainties and now that you've put THAT picture in my mind somebody's gonna have to rock me to sleep. I'll be doing my own tile work at any rate!

Nina

• kcsunshine_2006
    17 years ago

Oh, my, those crazy tractor people. Nothing like a good laugh in the middle of the afternoon!

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

Nina-- I not tellin!! *WEG*

'Ceptin, I don't wear womens undergarments (or OVERgarments, for that matter!!).

• pecanpie
    17 years ago

OK- what's *WEG* ?

Another computer-user acronym I don't know?

• starpooh
    17 years ago

That was a new one for me, too! I had to look it up.

WEG = Wicked Evil Grin

Here is a link that might be useful: Dictionary of slang and acronyms

• chiefneil
    17 years ago

I originally posted my "move in diary" over on the building forum. The thread's long since fallen off but here's a link to the log of my trials and travails in moving into a brand-new semi-custom house. I just re-read it for the first time in months and it's still pretty hilarious in a Wile E. Coyote way. For those who've never built a new house, builders charge outrageous prices for upgrades, so I took standard carpet everywhere but the kitchen and master bath, then immediately tore it all out and upgraded.

Here's the diary. Amazingly enough, I had yet another water leak a few months after the last entry. I should go back and make a few more entries. The TKO will catch a few references to kitchen stuff, like missing holes in the granite, un-level fridge doors, crooked backsplash tiles, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: The chief's moving in diary

• reno_fan
    17 years ago

Oh Chiefniel....that's just too much! I've always admired your home and pool, but I had no idea the trials you've gone through (with grace and humor) to get there!

I laughed out loud several times......

• chiefneil
    17 years ago

Hey reno_fan, how's the real estate business treating you these days? What's funny is that the events in the diary aren't embellished or exaggerated at all; actually things are downplayed somewhat since I didn't have the inclination to go into even more painful detail (I skipped stuff like getting three bathrooms redone and an interior wall torn down in the middle of all the other activity, and just about every contractor commenting "Is this a new house?").

What's really funny is the number of folks over on the building forum who said they know from personal experience that stuff like that happens exactly like I described it!

• reno_fan
    17 years ago

LOL!!! "Is this a new house?" What a horrid question!! (to have to answer....)

Isn't there a movie similar to this?? "Mr. Chiefneil Builds His Dreamhouse"???

(RE is crazy-busy, but awesome. Thanks for asking!)