Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great webpage to share with our daughters (sons, too!)

Posted by nigel-bigel (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 10, 07 at 12:49

DD's former teacher emailed me this link and I thought I would share it with my friends at GW. It shows the before and after of a photoshopped magazine covergirl. With the unrealistic images that our girls are being bombarded with, it's important for them to know what real women look like!

Click on the mag cover to get started...

Nicole

Here is a link that might be useful: Girlpower retouched photo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great webpage to share with our daughters (sons, too!)

Wow. It's so unsettling to see that not only are we not making progress on our "ideal image," we are actually losing ground, sigh. Hard enough to compete with beautiful natural models--now they're computer enhanced and surgically altered.

I do wish I could do that to my teeth, lol.

(I also think the girl looks much better in the before shots, but I'm not anyone who would be targeted for a marketing thing like that.)

o

Yes that's amazing. They do that to movie stars all the time. That's what makes us feel that we can never measure up. It's really too bad that we all buy into this beauty obsession.
Donna

o

That's just awful!

When even the most beautiful models aren't considered beautiful enough to sell something, that says something very disturbing about our society.

What can we do about it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here