Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Those pesky taxes

Posted by momj47 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 14, 06 at 10:58

I hope everyone's taxes are done, and you are enjoying your refund!?!?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Those pesky taxes

We will be!!!! Turns out, having a beach house that takes a huge loss, plus four kids, three of whom are elibible for dependent care expense credits, plus contributing to their college plans, and putting the maximum allowable 401K contributions in, has resulted in a nearly ZERO tax bill for federal. We are so psyched!

o

No refund for us--we ended up in the AMT and owed. (Had to sell some stock to pay for college tuition...) Mailed 'em off this morning.

melanie

o

I owed Federal this year, and got a State refund. I can never understand how that works, but I'm happy. Guess I should look into a second home, maybe one on a lake in Maine, this sounds promising. The kids are grown, so no help there.

o

I'm with you, momj47. Still waiting for my state return and just mailed in my Fed payment. Kids grown and I don't want any new ones~LOL. I think we should be able to deduct our furry children on our taxes.They are family and dependant, aren't they???

o

I owe. And penalties from last year - Yuck! This stuff is just so darned complicated if you itemize and are self-employed. I hate computing my taxes...

o

garden graphic, I'm definitely with you--they cost just as much as dependents of the human variety! And even with health insurance the costs are very high--veterinary diets, x-rays for ingested foreign objects, you name it--I have two dependents and my previous two cost me more than $5000.00 in just 6 months! If only we could claim them...

o

We enjoyed it way back in February... :) We NEVER wait till April! Why wait?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here