Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Color of wall and island kitchen cabinets

Posted by rrt70c (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 8:22

I am debating between stained maple cabinets vs painted. I am thinking of using kraftmaid cabinets. I would like help between canvas white and biscotti colors. I will have a south facing window over the kitchen sink. which would look more better - painted or stained? I would like a open, bright and modern look. Kitchen will be 12 ft wide and 15 ft deep. The island will be 6 ft wide and 3 ft deep. Should the cabinets in the island be painted or stained? Please help. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Color of wall and island kitchen cabinets

This is truly a matter of "look." Either painted or stained would be appropriate, functional, and attractive. Here is what we did with our kitchen which is similar in size and exposure to yours:
 photo kitchen1.jpg
It could have been white/off-white or stained a much lighter color. I don't think darker would have been a good choice though. We could even have done painted in a color like sage green or butter yellow, and done something entirely different with the wall color. This is a smallish space, but with an island (vs. a peninsula), you can consider doing the perimeters white with dark counters and the island dark with light counters. We've seen several of those here which turn out very well. When you are starting over and replacing all the cabs and counters, the possibilities are wide open. Choose what appeals to you. Of course, if your SO has an opinion, that will influence the choice too.

o
RE: Color of wall and island kitchen cabinets

P.S. This is a question better asked on the gallery side vs here on the conversation side. Post again there for more and better replies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here