Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buehl

Knowing...did you see it? What did you think of it?

Buehl
15 years ago

My DH, DS, DD, and I went to see Knowing this weekend.

After the movie we talked about it some and I seemed to be the only one that didn't find it totally depressing. I was wondering what others thought about it...

It probably didn't help that my DD & DH, at least, were expecting a "National Treasure" type movie... To be honest, so did I, but I got past it...

****Warning! SPOILERS ahead****

Interestingly, I was able to hold an adult conversation w/my just turned 13 yo DD about it...we discussed whether we thought young children (elementary school) could grow up on an alien world w/o adult help, what other "interests" some of the other chosen children might have (farming, for example), could there have been adults chosen that we didn't see (like Lucinda...although she didn't live to see it), etc. We even discussed how many totally unrelated people are needed to have a viable gene pool...(my DD is studying Genetics right now in her 7th grade science class).

If you saw it, did you see it w/your older children?

What did you think of the movie? Your children (if they saw it as well)?

I kind of feel like I'm in the minority that I found it yes, a little depressing, but also a victory over the disaster....showing that life continues....

Comments (2)