Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
forum etiquette question

Posted by honeyb2 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 28, 06 at 23:15

So... as a newish person, I'm trying to understand if it's ok to just ask for recommendations for good KDs in my state on the forum. I read lots of posts about Viking vs. Wolf, but never one that says "Bob at Kitchen Planners in Fairfield is really experienced and helpful". Is there some sort of a taboo against this that I should respect?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: forum etiquette question

Sure, we do that sort of thing all the time. The problem is that if you are not in a larger metropolitan area, or there is no one currently hanging around here from your area, then you may not get much response.

Check out the main page, and people will ask about contractors/designers in different areas.

And know that someone who worked well for one person may be the next client's worst nightmare!

o

You can also try Angie's List, if you have one in your ara. That is specifically for local recommendations and reviews of service providers. It is fee based, but I've had good luck with them. www.angieslist.com

Many people don't like to post other people's names on the Internet, either in positive or negative context, so if you make a request for a "good kitchen designer" for example make sure you allow people to email you a private reply via your profile/page.

o

Thanks for the responses, fairegold and lpolk. I'm in Massachusetts, and it seems like there are quite a few forum members who are from this area, so I'm glad to hear it's ok to ask. Your suggestion about going through email seem like a good way to handle the name posting issue. I actually think I may have found a KD I can work with, so hopefully I'll be moving on to suggestions about GCs!

o

I'm in MA, too.

If you're in my area (south of Boston), I'd be happy to recommend contractors.

o

also, it's OK for YOU to e-mail any poster directly to ask a question like this; just click on their name, or the "My Page" next to their name, and see if they've activated the "send me an e-mail" link.

If they have, that means they'd be amenable to answering this sort of reasonable query.

o

honeyb2,
Received your email and forwarded one back to you ~ hope it finds its way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here