Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with final kitchen layout

Posted by sfgirl93 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 21:45

Hi all,

We are expanding our kitchen, and I think we're close. We are deciding b/t this version that I've attached, and asking our architect to take out the butler service area (currently outside the dining room), move the pantry door all the way down to right next to dining room wall, and the basically slide everything on that wall toward the dining room (the stove, fridge, etc), so that the fridge is not across from the peninsula. We would then put a small counter next to fridge on the other side for keys, etc. We would slide the small sink in the island down too so it's closer to the stove.

The cons is that the stove would no longer be centered right across the large sink and we would no longer have butler serving area. The pro with the change is that the fridge is not across from the peninsula.

Would love your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with final kitchen layout

You should post on the discussions side as this is the conversation side and get very little traffic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here