Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crackle subway grout decision: Help please!

Posted by joan2121 (geismarj@gmail.com) on
Fri, Mar 25, 11 at 19:18

I recently posted pictures of my new kitchen. Thank you all for you nice comments. I don't mean to hog the board, but I need help. DH just finished putting up one section of the backsplash- I am loving it! But, now I have to choose the grout. There are two samples in the pictures. I think the desert sand (darker one) will look like the wall looks in the last pictures with just the spaces between the tiles.
How can I decide??? I like the look, but afraid it will be too "different" and maybe I should go with the safer lighter grout (ivory). I think there will still be a contrast just not as noticeable. I picked out the sand and the guy at the tile store suggested the ivory. He said the sand would "stick out like a sore thumb". DH also prefers the lighter one also, but what doe they know???

Thanks for you help!

Here is a link that might be useful: My kitchen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crackle subway grout decision: Help please!

(Already posted on the Discussions side.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here