Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with placing Advantium!!!

Posted by pat-2008 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 15, 08 at 8:26

OK, I'm buying cabinets today from Lowe's and I just discovered that the Advantium (27" width) needs 21.5" depth. The only place we can fit this thing (which I really want) is in an upper cabinet, and the line runs 57". We were getting a 27" microwave cabinet for the Advantium and a 30" cabinet (both 12" depth). This isn't going to work, and the KD didn't notice! If I put an oven cabinet there with 2 15" cabinets on either side, will this look ok? Can someone give me advice quickly? The sale ends today. Oh, and I really don't want to give up the counter space...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with placing Advantium!!!

what model # oven are you getting?

o

Pat, we just installed the Advantium 120 in a microwave cabinet that sits catty-corner on our counter. I think the contractor mumbled something about having to cut out the back of the cabinet so the Advantium's bumped out back would fit...but here it is.
Photobucket
Still trying to figure the damn thing out - except for the microwave function, which is a no brainer. Hopefully, this coming week I will be able to experiment with the speedcook function or the just plain convection.

o

If you posted this same question to the Discussions side you would get dozens of responses to this issue. The Conversations side is for non-kitchen topics. Good luck.

o

Thank you all, especially the corner idea. Wish I could do but not enough space. We opted for below the cabinet - I hope we like it there!

Thanks for the tip about posting in Discussions. I'm new to this site and accidentally posted here!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here