Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New here and need help

Posted by debbie_2008 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 08 at 23:14

I've read the help pages and still clueless about email update notifications.

I would like to receive email updates for threads started by me or threads I have posted on. On the threads started by me, I've checked to receive updates, but I'm not receiving anything. My email addy is correct or I wouldn't have received the confirmation when registering.

Thanks! (Now I must remember to check this one since there are never any email notifications)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New here and need help

I'm not too sure the email alerts/updates work. I'm pretty sure I've checked the box to receive them on more than one occasion, but never received a one.

Of course, I could be mistaken and just thought I checked the box....!

o

I'm thinking it doesn't work! It should would be nice if did.

o

It used to work, but lately it does not. So it's probably not you :) It's just a GW twitch.

o

I've had no problems w/the emails concerning threads I've started. However, even when you check the box that says:
Check here if you would like copies of follow-ups to your message emailed to you.
you must also have the box in your profile checked that says:
Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site.

See the "Your Profile" link at the very top of the page.

Also, check your "Junk Email" mailbox, if you have one. I often find responses in my "Junk Email" box b/c Outlook thinks it's junk/spam.

Unfortunately, you can opt for email notifications only for those threads you've started...not ones you've responded to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here