Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red painted cabinets

Posted by corky1 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 18, 06 at 22:58

We're redoing our 1907 farm house kitchen. The cabinet's plywood doors are a slap style but now DH has built shaker style doors and has done quite a nice job of it I must say. I've tried to stain the new doors to match the present stain on the cabinet box but since we now have three different wood types (fir, pine, maple) I've given up on doing that well. I can paint the cabinets white and play it safe but I have a wild hair about painting them a Shaker New England red color. Has anyone painted their entire kitchen cabinets in any other color than white or cream ? Is the paint from the Shaker wood shop a good quality paint ? Thanks !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red painted cabinets

Hi corky1 -

You may get a better response if you repost your question in the Discussions section of the forum. (This post is in the Conversations area.)
Link to Discussions section

Anyhow, there's a current thread about red cabinets that you can check out in the meantime.

Here is a link that might be useful: Anyone with barn-red cabinets and need opinions

o
RE: Red painted cabinets

Thank you for the info starpooh. I didn't realize I had posted on the conversation section : ( I took a peek at your kitchen remodel on your member page and it is BEAUTIFUL !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here