Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone have siding on their house?

Posted by zshopper (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 06 at 18:49

The debate, which siding to get and what color? DH and I are siding our house, first we thought cedar looking vinyl siding which amounted to $25,000 (thought it was a bit much $), then clapboard siding 15,000. The colors we wanted are either granite clay (dark grey) or natural clay (beige grey). Does anyone know anything about these colors. Also black shutters with mahogoney door with long thin glass panel with peuter color in the glass (not gold). I'm so tired to picking out something or another for my house. After the kitchen I swore I wasnt going to go through another expense, but here I am l year later and I'm doing it again (in the same month too). Oh to make matters worse we now have to get a new roof to match (black/grey). Can anyone give me any opinions/suggestions about the above questions. Thanks, Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone have siding on their house?

Have you been to the Aloca site? They have a section where you can try out all sorts of color combinations on various types of houses. It's pretty cool!

Also, if you take a photo of your house and post it on the Home Decorating forum, people there will give you excellent advice. I have seen thread in which a forum member took the trouble to "photo shop" the pic and overlay different colors for the OP to see how it looked on HER house. How nice was that?

o

Lots of people today are using Hardie cement plank siding...that is what we have on our new addition. They have lots of neat products...it's very durable and attractive...has a 50 year guarantee.

Here is a link that might be useful: James Hardie cement siding

o

We got Charter Oak from Alside. It looks really good and is strong and durable. We got several estimates- the Hardie plank was outside our price range and requires painting. I would go with clay rather than dk gray as I think it is better for resale (more people like it), but that's just my opinion. We did the siding after the kitchen so I know what you mean!

o

I finished my kitchen last year and I dont know how to post pictures. Now that I have a digital camera I was hoping I would get some advice on how to post. Any pointers would help. My original color was clay but then I look at the dk gray and I am now confused. Here I go again, DH is now getting upset with me saying this is daja vu. We already picked out the door and I picked pewter color insert for glass and pewter door handle and I'm hoping it will look nice. The street which I live on was once a development so the houses all look similar, mine has an addition so it varies a little. Maybe some different lighting will help. I also wanted to put a portico but now everyone else is doing it and I refuse to be the same. My front window is 2 windows together and I was thinking of a picture window or casement window. Being is costs 2000 I was wondering what your opinions are, am I gaining anything? The 2 windows look nice on the outside but is annoying on the inside because I have to make the window look as one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here