Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kitchen table forum vs conversations side of kitchens forum

Posted by cat_mom (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 8, 07 at 18:46

How is the Kitchen Table forum different from the conversations side of the Kitchen forum? How/where is it found?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kitchen table forum vs conversations side of kitchens forum

Many forums have a conversations side, for off-topic conversations among the participants of the "discussion" side. So you are conversing with folks you already know from that particular forum.

The "Kitchen Table" has nothing to do with kitchens. It is a catch-all forum for all kinds of general conversations, and it has its own group of core participants. You can find it from the menu of all the Home Forums.

o

I think you'll find that the Kitchen Table is a fun diversion. Like Gina said, nothing to do with kitchens, but it's a nice group who share lots of things, from family and work, to cars or sharing fun websites or games or whatever. Just like visiting with some old friends.

Gina's right, that most forums have their own flavor, and you know most of the people who frequent them. But the KT forum is like a group of friends who just enjoy each other's company.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Table

o

Thanks! I'll have to check it out. With any luck, I'll resist for tonight (ha! Like that'll happen!). I've got some stuff to do, and some shows to watch on TV! :-)

o

I first came to GW several years ago by hanging out at the KT. I had lunch with one of the members when I was in SoCal on a trip, and I participated in a holiday gift exchange.

I got caught up in real-life stuff for a few years, but then made it back to GW, but now mostly on the Kitchens forum while I prepare to rip out my kitchen. :)

KT really is a very supportive gathering/community/catch-all gab fest. I recognize many names there from several years ago. Enjoy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here