Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pot rack over island ?

Posted by arbry (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 15, 12 at 18:33

I am a long time lurker who has lusted over all the lovely kitchens that are posted. After 18 years we are doing a kitchen remodel. I currently have an island which I will be updating. I have always wanted a pot rack over the island. My question is for the people that have done this is it something you use or is it a dust collector? Would you do it again? And could you post a picture of your island and pot rack and how it is lighted? I have yet to see pendant lighting that I really like and we are going to start tearing out the ceiling and planning the lighting soon. Thanks for any advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pot rack over island ?

If you are still looking for help post on the discussions side of this forum.

o
RE: pot rack over island ?

Hi,
I cannot supply a picture of a pot rack over an island as when we built our island years ago, we didn't think it was practical, especially from a lighting scenario. We ended up swagging a line from the original electrical box that was over our kitchen since the island was not in the exact same location.
With an island and the additional storage you just might find that a pot rack is not needed and there is plenty of room for your pots and pans in the island cabinet. We also know others who felt that their pot rack was a waste for them.

Best,
Bob

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here