Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rudebekia

Geico Caveman Commercial

Rudebekia
17 years ago

Have you seen the Geico caveman commercial? It's pretty funny but I'm trying to piece together the on-going parts. So far I think I've caught at least 5 segments. The four I remember are: 1) Caveman in airport gets angry at "even a caveman can do it" sign. 2) Caveman visits his therapist to discuss it and puts his mom on speaker. 3) Caveman is interviewed on TV ("Connie, what's your take on this?" "I think someone got up on the wrong side of the rock"). 4) Caveman is at a party talking to a friend. I've only seen this last segment once and don't know where it fits yet. And I know I caught a fifth episode, too, but can't remember it. I think the whole thing is well done but the question remains--does it really help sell insurance??

Comments (20)

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

...but the question remains--does it really help sell insurance??

You're here talking about it, aren't you? :-)

• goldgirl
    17 years ago

I don't really like the caveman commercials and was talking about it to DH. He saw something on one of the business channels detailing Geico's strategy - the cavemen are geared toward men, and the other commercials (like the one with Burt Bacharach, which I love) are for woman. Thought that was interesting.

• weed30 St. Louis
    17 years ago

Oh, I love the caveman commercials! Hmmm.

• susan209
    17 years ago

I think they are obnoxious! My favorite one is Verizon group down at the docks.....sort of a 'take-off' of the mob. I love it when the guy asks if he can get reception with Verizon down there and then he says with his phone it's a crap shot. It's the expressions on their faces that are "priceless". I guess you either like some of the commercials or you hate them. I always love the Target ones just because I think they are so well done.

• chiefneil
    17 years ago

There's another one where two cavemen are at lunch with some guy, one caveman gets offended over something the guy says, and when the waiter is taking orders the caveman says "I lost my appetite". The commercials are a little odd - I can't say that they do anything for me or that I even get the humor (if there's even supposed to be humor, that is).

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

If they get you to remember them, they've done their job. if they get you to TALK about them, they've hit the jackpot!!

• kitchenwitch
    17 years ago

My DH LOVES the caveman commercials! Our DS even downloaded the "Everywhere I Go" song in the airport one. I actually had to ask him what exactly they were advertising, because I didn't get Geico right away. We're looking forward to new installments...

• proudmamato4
    17 years ago

This is an interesting history on Geico commercials. I actually enjoy the cavemen ones more then the gecko lizard ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: Geico

• proudmamato4
    17 years ago

YouTube has a lot of the commercials, in case you missed them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Caveman commercials

• Rudebekia
    Original Author
    17 years ago

proudmomma thanks for posting the You Tube site. Now I can see the segments I missed.

• ramses_2
    17 years ago

I have to confess I love these commercials. Metrosexual angsty cavemen...what's not to love:)

• soupgirl
    17 years ago

I like the GEICO ads too. A little offbeat but what the heck, they grab your attention and that serves GEICO's purpose.

• proudmamato4
    17 years ago

You're welcome. I just wasted about 20 minutes checking out the Caveman's Crib, pretty offbeat.

Here is a link that might be useful: Caveman's Crib

• ramses_2
    17 years ago

I just read that they're writing a pilot for a TV show based on the cavemen....is it wrong that I'm totally chuffed?

• paulines
    17 years ago

Really Ramses???, the Flintstones it ain't, lol

• ramses_2
    17 years ago

I swear to you it's true, see attached link. What I want to know is how many people clicked on the shower at the Caveman's Crib:)

Here is a link that might be useful: cavemen TV show

• caflowerluver
    17 years ago

I am not wild about the commercials but love the website. Yes I clicked on the shower and even flushed the toliet. What a hoot!

• Rudebekia
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just caught part of another episode: caveman back at therapist who asks him to roll play with a doll.

• mindstorm
    17 years ago

Maybe I'm just far too literal, but these caveman ads didn't click with me at all. I was intrigued until the third second when I realized that the caveman adapted to 21st century amenities so easily. Basically, the minute that automotives and airplanes and (razors was it?) other non-paleolithic era novelties failed to surprise him, he went from being a caveman to just a really hairy guy with spondalitis.

Now the Mac/PC ads - those I really really enjoy and get a real kick out of.

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

Sure, mindstorm-- you're just in it for the "peripherals"!!

:-)