Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
All that glitters! (Orlando Airport tile)

Posted by decor_diva (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 8, 06 at 16:40

Hello All!

Has anyone noticed the tile in one of the shops at The Orlando International Airport, that sparkles as the overhead lights hit it?

I also saw this tile at Forever 21 a new shop in our local mall. I am trying desperately to locate the exact tile this is. Appears to be a metal flake in the stone that goes wild when the light hits it. I would LOVE to put this in my kid's bathroom!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: All that glitters! (Orlando Airport tile)

Is it a mosaic tile? Try www.bisazza.com

I thought I remember seeing this tile at Expo.

o

You are the very best investigators I know, With your help -I am confidant we will track this tile down! :)

This is what I have learned so far...
The name of the Orlando airport shop is "Swatch." A Swiss shop. I was told by their customer service that the tile is made "just for them" by a company in Switzerland. Hmmmm...

Forever 21's customer service told me that their tile was made in Korea and is a Terazzo tile with tiny slivers of glass and mirrors in it.

All I know is they both look very similar. A striking effect when the overhead lights dance on them. Looks as though you sprinkled sparkly confetti all over the floor. They are large (perhaps 16X16) square tiles.

Helppppppppp......???

o

You can get the same effect from any of the "pearl" granites (Black, Blue, Emerald, or Brown), as well as Black Galaxy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here