Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Posts appear and disappear

Posted by quiltdog (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 2, 07 at 15:36

Wierd stuff. Are you guys noticing posts appearing and disappearing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Posts appear and disappear

Maybe its just me. Maybe I'm being banned because of my last post.

o
Am I being banned?

If so, I'll say my goodbyes now. Thank you to everyone for all of your support and kindness. My kitchen is better because of all of you.

o

Quiltdog, huh???

Try hitting your refresh key - that should help. Unless someone actually complains about your post, you should be ok. You can't go anywhere, I'mm holding onto your arm, so you can't disappear....

o

Thanks Pauline... That was sweet...you reminded me of Lila and Stitch...
No one left behind.

Maybe the disappearing posts were from the work they are doing on the web page.

o

From the tech message, it sounds like they are upgrading the servers without having an actual outage. I used to manage a large IT department and it's difficult to do what they are doing without an outage. kudos for them keeping the forums going during the upgrade. There will be the occasional "black hole" as they switch over.

I think Pauline has a good grip on your arm so that you won't get swallowed up by the black hole!

o

Gee, wonby, your name seems new to me - so maybe yours have gotten swallowed at times. Sometimes I vaguely wonder if one of mine hit the dust, but with my memory . . .

Anyways - hello!

o

jubileej:

I've been on the forums since 2004, during a house build finished in 2005. I don't come to the kitchens or building forums too much anymore except to give my two cents worth when there is a post where I can share my experience. I don't ask kitchen or build questions anymore since I've finished that stressful stuff!

I am mostly on the decorating forum since I'm putting finishing touches on the house. Then, the Carolina gardening forum because I'm an avid gardener. I also cook quite a bit, but I mostly just read the Cooking threads.

o

Cool! It's nice to know there are actually long term survivors out there!

Anyways - it is now confirmed - there is a post on the discussions side that disappeared - I know, because I had posted a reply with a similar dilemma yesterday, and was eagerly awaiting responses from those in the know. It concerned whether one should keep all their countertops the same around the house. Any thoughts?

o

Here it is, jubileej - it had scrolled to page 2.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread re' counters

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here