Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quiltdog_gw

Posts appear and disappear

quiltdog
17 years ago

Wierd stuff. Are you guys noticing posts appearing and disappearing?

Comments (9)

• quiltdog
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Maybe its just me. Maybe I'm being banned because of my last post.

• quiltdog
    Original Author
    17 years ago

If so, I'll say my goodbyes now. Thank you to everyone for all of your support and kindness. My kitchen is better because of all of you.

• paulines
    17 years ago

Quiltdog, huh???

Try hitting your refresh key - that should help. Unless someone actually complains about your post, you should be ok. You can't go anywhere, I'mm holding onto your arm, so you can't disappear....

• quiltdog
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Pauline... That was sweet...you reminded me of Lila and Stitch...
    No one left behind.

Maybe the disappearing posts were from the work they are doing on the web page.

• DYH
    17 years ago

From the tech message, it sounds like they are upgrading the servers without having an actual outage. I used to manage a large IT department and it's difficult to do what they are doing without an outage. kudos for them keeping the forums going during the upgrade. There will be the occasional "black hole" as they switch over.

I think Pauline has a good grip on your arm so that you won't get swallowed up by the black hole!

• jubileej
    17 years ago

Gee, wonby, your name seems new to me - so maybe yours have gotten swallowed at times. Sometimes I vaguely wonder if one of mine hit the dust, but with my memory . . .

Anyways - hello!

• DYH
    17 years ago

jubileej:

I've been on the forums since 2004, during a house build finished in 2005. I don't come to the kitchens or building forums too much anymore except to give my two cents worth when there is a post where I can share my experience. I don't ask kitchen or build questions anymore since I've finished that stressful stuff!

I am mostly on the decorating forum since I'm putting finishing touches on the house. Then, the Carolina gardening forum because I'm an avid gardener. I also cook quite a bit, but I mostly just read the Cooking threads.

• jubileej
    17 years ago

Cool! It's nice to know there are actually long term survivors out there!

Anyways - it is now confirmed - there is a post on the discussions side that disappeared - I know, because I had posted a reply with a similar dilemma yesterday, and was eagerly awaiting responses from those in the know. It concerned whether one should keep all their countertops the same around the house. Any thoughts?

• paulines
    17 years ago

Here it is, jubileej - it had scrolled to page 2.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread re' counters