Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Returning an item to a seller on Ebay

Posted by berlin66 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 27, 07 at 14:41

Anyone do this before? My husband purchased a large lot of hinges from a seller on Ebay. Unfortunatley, not only do I hate the style but they won't work on our cabinets. We haven't received them yet but I already know I want to return them to the seller unopened. I have sent an email to the seller explaining these hinges will not work and I would be returning them. I understand there is a 20% stocking fee. I was just wondering if anyone has had a problem doing a return on Ebay before? Any experiences anyone can share?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Returning an item to a seller on Ebay

If the seller has indicated s/he will take a return with a 20% restocking fee, you should be fine. Don't expect him to waive the fee - he is out a sale, plus fees.

Send another letter to the seller (should be through the seller's link on eBay so eBay has a record of the exchange) after shipping the hinges back- preferably UPS. UPS will send the tracking number to your and the seller's email addresses through Quantum View- ask for this service. The letter should contain the tracking number for the shipment. It should also contain a statement to the effect that you would like notification when the sales amount of X minus the 20% restocking fee as agreed-upon has been credited to your PayPal/Visa, however you paid it. Also that you appreciate his time, sorry the sale did not work and that you hope to do business with him another time.

Always check the box that sends the email to your OWN email address as well- and save all correspondence.

If you haven't heard from the seller about 3 days after the package has been delivered, send a pleasant email through eBay again to the effect that you've been notified of delivery and would appreciate credit to your PayPal account within 3 days.

Most sellers will have posted credit by then. I'm assuming your DH checked the seller's history and feedback and it's good?

o
RE: Returning an item to a seller on Ebay

Thank you! I checked on the history and feedback when I was looking for return information and the Seller has a pretty good rating. I sent an email to him asking about a return or possibly a simple exchange wherein I will pay the difference. Hopefully I will hear from him soon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here