Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beadboard or Shaker style?

Posted by Gusto1100 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 16, 12 at 11:15

We are in the process of choosing our kitchen cabinets and I just can't seem to make any decisions. I live in a beach town and really wanted a crisp, bright and airy feeling kitchen. The problem is with 4 small children, my husband has outlawed white cabinets. I have to compromise. I was thinking Maple as an alternative but decided against that because of the yellowing. We have agreed on natural cherry but he is done making decisions and now it is all up to me :) My current contenders are the Shiloh Wyatt in cherry inset or we have a much better price on the KM Brookfield Cherry or Putnam Cherry in full overlay. I was thinking that the beadboard gives it a beachy feel but I worry that it will be hard to clean, look too busy, and is a little trendy right now and I might get sick of it in a few years. We have a 100 year old Monson Maine slate sink that we plan to incorporate, any suggestions for counters? I love white carrera marble but heard it doesn't hold up. Also looking at the GE induction slide in range but not sure it is worth the money. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beadboard or Shaker style?

Gusto, you should re-post your question over on the Discussions side of the kitchen forum, you'll get a lot more people seeing your post. And you'll get a lot of replies. This is "Conversations" for off-topic stuff.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here