Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gusto1100

Beadboard or Shaker style?

gusto1100
12 years ago

We are in the process of choosing our kitchen cabinets and I just can't seem to make any decisions. I live in a beach town and really wanted a crisp, bright and airy feeling kitchen. The problem is with 4 small children, my husband has outlawed white cabinets. I have to compromise. I was thinking Maple as an alternative but decided against that because of the yellowing. We have agreed on natural cherry but he is done making decisions and now it is all up to me :) My current contenders are the Shiloh Wyatt in cherry inset or we have a much better price on the KM Brookfield Cherry or Putnam Cherry in full overlay. I was thinking that the beadboard gives it a beachy feel but I worry that it will be hard to clean, look too busy, and is a little trendy right now and I might get sick of it in a few years. We have a 100 year old Monson Maine slate sink that we plan to incorporate, any suggestions for counters? I love white carrera marble but heard it doesn't hold up. Also looking at the GE induction slide in range but not sure it is worth the money. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.