Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone good with reverse lookups?

Posted by sue36 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 9, 07 at 11:02

I need to track down the name and address of the person who has two phone numbers (I have the numbers). I've determined that one is a cell and the other is a landline. The landline is unlisted according to the provider. I've Googled and used all the reverse lookup tools I could find, with no luck.

I may have to just pay someone to get me this information, but I thought I'd try you guys first to see if you have suggesions, or if there is a service you have paid that you would recommend. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone good with reverse lookups?

If you are being harassed, contact your phone company regarding the landline and report the problem. Otherwise, you could hire a private investigation company for a minimal charge if all you want is the name and address.

o

Sue-- try this one:

Here is a link that might be useful: intelius

o

Thanks. I'm not being harrassed. I'm helping someone determine who their teenage daughter is talking to on her cell phone.

o

Sue, I might be able to help. email me - weed30 at charter dot net.

o

www.anywho.com

You can click on reverse look up. It's free...but it doesn't work on cell numbers. Only land lines.

o

www.whitepages.com is good and free.

o

I could try also
bkroupa at charter dot net

o

I'm curious: did it work ?

o

Thanks everyone. I did email 2 posters above for their help, and I appreciate all they tried! I ended up paying Intelius to lookup one of the numbers, and am waiting for their response now (it can take up to 72 hours).

Check your kids' cell phone bills. Question them about numbers you don't know.

o

Definitely a wise piece of advice .....

o

Does anyone have advice for reverse email lookups?

I've received a couple of emails from gardenweb in the past few days about old posts. The member (you have to be a member to send emails, right?) didn't sign a name nor a username, and I have no idea who this is- can't find them in the member registry using just an email address. I'm not keen on responding to people I don't 'know' unless it's back through GW.

DivaD1 had a cyber-stalker of sorts years ago and we're still a bit spooked about our privacy...

I'm not going to pay for it (Intelius), but would appreciate other suggestions.

And thank you, Sue, for allowing me to skew/hijack your post! (without asking)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here