Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jfrorelo

IKEA Boston outing

jfrorelo
18 years ago

Boston area forum members who dicussed this in November/December. Is it finally time to revive our plans for a get together at the IKEA in Stoughton?

Comments (8)

• paulines
    18 years ago

Too funny, Chispa also just mentioned this. I'm up for it, did we ever decide whether a weekend, weekday or evening was better for everyone?

I'd also like to extend an invite to meet at my home and we can carpool over to IKEA (about a 15 min drive). I believe on weekends parking is still tough.

• garden_of_darwin
    18 years ago

There's a Meeting and Greeting forum (mostly dead -- in fact so dead I was considering giving it the AX) on the IKEA Fansite forum. You might draw a different audience if you post something there. Worth a shot! Wish I was nearby...I really enjoyed my August visit to Boston (well, 'cept for the heat!!!) !

Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: IKEA Fansite Meeting and Greeting Forum

• chispa
    18 years ago

I was just thinking about this a few days ago, but didn't get around to starting a post! Glad you did. I didn't copy any of the names from the old post, but I think we had around 7 people who were interested. I don't think we had reached a consensus on the best time to go!

Best days for me are Mon, Wed or Fri. I could be there just after 9:30am and would have to leave around 2:15pm. I could do other days but would need to get a sitter.

• lori316
    18 years ago

I'm still in.

Week days, i have to take a day out of work, which I certainly don't mind doing if the schedule permits.

Weekends are fine, but I know I'm away this coming weekend, the weekend of Feb 25-26, and March 18-19.

I may make it a little difficult to plan around with work and the kids, so if there's a date that's good for everybody else, don't let me get in the way.

• mindstorm
    18 years ago

Sounds like fun. However, its a busy time at work so weekday daytimes are no good for me. I can do weekday evenings including early evening by coming in early and then leaving early. Weekends are great for me.

• kisaacs
    18 years ago

I could maybe be in for this. Work is really busy here too, so weekdays during the day are out. Most other times I can work out. I live only about 4 miles from the IKEA, but can't speak to weekend parking as I only go when it just opened or is about to close :)

• chispa
    18 years ago

Well ... I'm ready to go! I would like to do a weekday first so I don't have to deal with any parking/crowd issues. Any one free on the week of 2/27, Mon, Wed or Fri?

I'll be happy to join an evening or weekend group for my second visit!

• chispa
    18 years ago

Hellllllo ... any one there ... I guess everyone in MA must be on February vacation! Pauline, since you offered to be our hostess, maybe you should pick a date ... any date! I promise to attend on the day you choose.
    ;-)