Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shequit

Go Bears,,,

shequit
17 years ago

I hate football but DH and DD are so into it that I just had to say it! I will say that when they won the Super in (whatever) year, we had a great party here, I made super nachos (you would die for the recipe,)tomato bread, chili, Italian sausage with green peppers and fresh mozarella, fresh cole slaw, home made potato salad, and a few other goodies I can't remember. I have a feeling that day contributed to global warming!

Comments (21)

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

Nevermind the Bears-- we'll take care of them in two weeks!! This week, it's time to corral the Colts!

:-)

PATRIOTS, BABY!!

• sjerin
    17 years ago

Okay, give up the recipes, girl. We're going to a sb party and I have to take something, so bring it on. (Had to ask dh how the Bears are doing and ...... which city they're associated with. Duh.)
    Erin

• shequit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bill - question - so uninformed that I am, did the Bears play the Patriots when the Bears won the Super Bowl? What was the score? I love that you have knowledge about this. I am sooo "out of it" and would love to impress my family when speaking of it.

• User
    17 years ago

Ok....GO SAINTS !! We just got back from our hometown of New Orleans. There are no words to describe how bad it still is. The spirit of the people is wonderful. There is such hope for the future. We want this win . Caroline

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

shequit-- yes, as a matter of fact they did. I wasn't sure about the score, so I looked it up. They SPANKED em 46- 10. It ain't happnin again!! Dick Butkis has long since retired!!

As for the Saints, I wish them luck. This is definitely a win they need. It would certainly give those folks down there a moral boost.

• momcat2000
    17 years ago

DA BEARS!
    There's gonna be a rumble in the house if da bears and colts make it to the super bowl since I now live in Indy,
    oh well, blood is thicker than water - GO Bears!!!!

• paulines
    17 years ago

Watching the Pats/Colts game and having a figgin' heart attack!

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

Ya like that first TD??? :-)

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

Oh well-- they've done it so many times to other teams (winning in the last minutes of the game), including last week, it was bound to come back on them sooner or later. :-)

• mcgillicuddy
    17 years ago

Ah, the hubris of the Patriots fan :)

• demicent
    17 years ago

Hey, I still have my 1985 Bears Superbowl sweatshirt.

• shequit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bill, sorry your Pat's did not make it. I was going to make you a bet. Maybe next year.

• bessiedawg
    17 years ago

Congrats to Da Bears. It should be a great Super Bowl. I have the best of both teams going. I grew up in northern IN and was a Bears fan. After college moved to Indy and have have been a Colts fan since the day they moved there. I now live 60 miles north of Indy. Good luck to both teams!
    Linda

• momcat2000
    17 years ago

Hi, Linda. Me too, grew up in "Da Region", 5 years in W.Lafayette now in Indy for 27 years.

GO BEARS! (Hey, we Cubs fans got to get it anyway we can....)

• pecanpie
    17 years ago

shequit, we are still waitin' for da recipes!!

Pretty please!

• shequit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok off the top of my head since I can't find anything in this mess:
    Super Nachos
    1 can refried beans
    1 lb. ground beef
    1 4 0z. can chopped green chilis (I use the mild)
    Taco sauce
    1 8 0z. package cheddar
    1 8 Oz. package jack
    guacamole
    sour cream
    chopped tomatoes, chopped black olives, chopped green onions (these are the garnish)
    Spread the beans on an oven safe platter, brown the beef, drain it and spread it on the beans. Spread the chilis on top of the beef. Spread the cheeses on top of that - you may use less cheese, matter of taste. Drizzle Taco sauce on top. Bake at 325 for about 40 min. Watch it cause not sure of the time but you want the cheeses to melt and be a little bubbly. Spoon the guacamole down the center, spoon the sour cream on top of the guac. Sprinkle the tomatoes, olives and green pepper over the top. I then insert taco chips around the edges for presentation. If you have trouble scooping with chips, put a spoon on the side so people can scoop onto their chips. Hope you like it.

• pecanpie
    17 years ago

shequit, thank you for sharing! Looks heavenly and fattening. But I've heard that Superbowl calories don't count- all that cheering works them off...

• shequit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OK, pecan here is another recipe and it is named after you...
    Sweet and Spicy Pecans
    1/2 cup sugar
    3 Tbs. water
    1 tsp. salt
    Heaping 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
    2 cups pecan halves or halves and pieces

Preheat oven to 350F
    Butter a baking sheet
    Combine everthing except pecans in a pot, stir over low/medium heat, bring to a slow boil for 2 minutes..stir once or twice to keep sugar from carmelizing on the pot.
    Add pecans, stir over a low heat for about 1 minute or until pecans are coated.
    Spread mixture on a baking sheet.
    Bake for 10 minutes for a single recipe, 14 for a double.
    Transfer to parchment paper or foil and let cool for about 30 minutes.
    Store in airtight container at room temp.
    Best to make a double recipe...they are addictive!

Now it is your turn.............

• shequit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Solti and the CSO...Great music for your Superbowl party.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bears Fight Song

• pecanpie
    17 years ago

OK, shequit-here's a recipe. You can make it the morning of.

Strawberry Salsa

6T olive oil
    2T white balsamic vinegar
    1/2 t. salt or more to taste
    1 pint fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped
    8 green onions, chopped
    2 pints cherry tomatoes, chopped
    1/2c. chopped fresh cilantro

Whisk together oil, vinegar and salt in a large bowl, add remaining ingredients and chill at least 1 hour. Serve with Nacho Cheese Doritos.

• shequit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks, pecan. It sounds yummy! I never had this and I can't wait to try it.