Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Help with paint colors.

caflowerluver
17 years ago

I did post on the Home Decorating forum but they don't know me the way you guys do so that is why I am posting here.

We painted the kitchen walls a Kelly Moore Leafy Lettuce (KM971-L). It is a soft celery green. Now we would like to paint all the walls in the main part of the house. That would be the entry way and the LR & DR too.

We just finished DIY dark oak hardwood floors in the LR & DR. It is sort of a 1/2 great room, with one wall only separating the kitchen and BK room. You can see the walls of the other rooms from each area.

I am trying to pick colors I think would look good with the Leafy Lettuce. We want to use Kelly Moore One Coat because for over 20 years we have had good luck with that.

For the LR/DR I am thinking of Tassie (KM966-M)a taupe color, or Restful Green (KM968-M)a gray green color, or Hawaiian Lula (KM966-M) a darker version of Leafy Lettuce.

For the entry way which tends to be dark I am looking at lighter colors like Oyster (26), or Shortbread (KM967-L) or Sandtrap (KM979-M).

Can anyone give me some feed back or opinion on these colors? We usually stuck to Navajo White and Antique White for everything in the past so this is quite daring for us to break out and use colors.

Here is a picture of the LR area in which you see the entry way. We haven't moved everything back in until we get the new rugs. The breakfast room is right behind the sofa. We are changing the sofa to get a more formal darker brown leather one. We are thinking of Oriental rugs in a mainly black color with accents of green, gold and cream. The window coverings are dark golden beige Roman shades in the LR & DR. All the furniture is a dark mahogany or dark cherry.

I hope I have given enough information. Thanks.

Clare

{{gwi:1542909}}

You can see more shots here.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz