Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
socal_ann

Federal Indictments Against LWWG Owners

socal_ann
15 years ago

I don't know how many of you remember the eBay seller "Look What We Got (LWWG)" from 2003/2004. Their eBay site sold high-end kitchen applicances - SubZero, Wolf. There were many threads posted here discussing whether they were legit or not. Hubby and I completed our DIY kitchen that year and I posted about our near-miss with them after ordering and then canceling a purchase for a Wolfe rangetop. Well, guess what - I just received a notification last week from the US Dept of Justice in Reno NV that Jennifer Lynn French and Darin Jerome French (aka LWWG owners on eBay) are scheduled for a federal trial to face criminal charges - the two are charged with 21 counts of mail fraud, 63 counts of wire fraud, and aiding and abetting.

So there may be justice after all. Trial is scheduled for 7 April 2009 in Reno. Here's an excerpt from the notification I received:

"Please be aware that not all cases proceed to trial and there is a possibility that this case will be resolved through a plea agreement. If you would like to confer with the Assistance United States Attorney prosecuting this case regarding a plea agreement, you must contact the Assistance US Attorney prior to the date of the change of plea or no later than two weeks from the date of this letter."

I can post DOJ contact information if you had dealings with LWWG as well

Here is a link that might be useful: Headlines From 2008 Arrest

Comments (10)

• homepro01
    15 years ago

Socal_Ann,
    I remember those threads. I hope the victims get some sense of vindication at the end of this. Their money is gone unfortunately but these crooks needed to be stopped. I remember they started another business too after LWWG.

Glad you escaped this experience!

• KarenintheUK
    15 years ago

I remember those threads aswell. You definitely had a lucky escape!

Seems to have taken forever to come to court and it's not even over yet.

• reno_fan
    15 years ago

WOW. I remember that as well. Unreal.

I wonder if the "wayback machine" would have the threads from Gweb about the fraud?

• golddust
    15 years ago

Yikes! Incline Village is about an hour away from my house! It's up the hill where the Olympics was hosted many years ago. That is about the time we were re-doing our kitchen. Guess I'm lucky we had very few options for sizes. Hope they pay, big time!

• lisakp_centurytel_net
    13 years ago

This is finally going to trial and I am headed out there on Sunday, as a Witness. Yes, I was scammed and will hopefully finally see justice! Seven years later.....

• socal_ann
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lisa

Keep us posted. It has been a long time and I don't understand how the court dates continued to be postponed. I hope this court date sticks.

Good luck!

• socal_ann
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, there is justice. Here's the notification I received this week:

U.S. Department of Justice
    United States Attorney's Office
    District of Nevada in Reno
    100 W. Liberty St
    Ste. 600
    Reno, NV 89501
    Phone: (775) 784-5438
    Fax: (775) 784-5181

February 24, 2011

RE: United States v. Defendant(s) Darin Jerome French, Jennifer Lynn French
    Case Number 2004R01594 and Court Docket Number 08-CR-00006

The United States Department of Justice believes it is important to keep victims of federal crime informed of court proceedings. This notice provides information about the above-referenced criminal case.

On February 18, 2011, a jury returned the following verdict(s) involving the defendant, Darin Jerome French:

Number of Charges Description of Charges Disposition
    ----------------- ---------------------- -----------
    22 Mail Fraud - Frauds and swindles Guilty
    3 Laundering of monetary instruments Guilty
    10 Mail Fraud - Frauds and swindles Not Guilty
    11 Fraud by wire, radio, or television Guilty
    1 Laundering of monetary instruments Not Guilty
    37 Fraud by wire, radio, or television Not Guilty

On February 18, 2011, a jury returned the following verdict(s) involving the defendant, Jennifer Lynn French:

Number of Charges Description of Charges Disposition
    ----------------- ---------------------- -----------
    14 Mail Fraud - Frauds and swindles Guilty
    2 Laundering of monetary instruments Guilty
    18 Mail Fraud - Frauds and swindles Not Guilty
    6 Fraud by wire, radio, or television Guilty
    2 Laundering of monetary instruments Not Guilty
    42 Fraud by wire, radio, or television Not Guilty

The sentencing hearing for defendant(s), Darin Jerome French, Jennifer Lynn French, has been set for May 23, 2011, 10:00 AM at Reno Courtroom 5, Bruce R. Thompson Federal Building & U.S. Courthouse, 400 S. Virginia St., Reno, NV 89501 before Judge Larry Hicks.

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

It will be interesting to see what their sentences are. I hope you'll let us know, Socal_Ann.

• socal_ann
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Notification about sentencing for Darin Jerome French - justice does prevail - 8 or 9 years later but that's okay;

U.S. Department of Justice
    United States Attorney's Office
    District of Nevada in Reno
    100 W. Liberty St
    Ste. 600
    Reno, NV 89501
    Phone: (775) 784-5438
    Fax: (775) 784-5181

June 13, 2011

RE: United States v. Defendant(s) DARIN JEROME FRENCH
    Case Number 2004R01594 and Court Docket Number 08-CR-00006

The United States Department of Justice believes it is important to keep victims of federal crime informed of court proceedings. This notice provides information about the above-referenced criminal case.

Defendant DARIN JEROME FRENCH has been sentenced by the Court. The Court ordered the defendant to the following:

Incarceration of 12 years 6 months

Followed by Supervised Release of 3 years

Special Assessment of $3,600

• deegw
    12 years ago

Here is the 5/2011 press release about the eBay fraud case. They ripped off over 250 people!

Thanks for the update.

Here is a link that might be useful: LWWG sentence